Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

And all I wanted was to find an indian....

This has been a slow year for me detecting. The few hunts I have done have mostly been relic hunting. I got the itch to find some coins, particularly an indian, because I hadn't found one since last year. I went back to a house where last year I found a Morgan to see if I could find anything else. I swung a little farther under the bushes and found the aluminum token. It says DN Adamson Pleasant Grove Utah and The Star Saloon * 5c Drink. That's the first saloon token I've found and it's an unlisted variety. There was a small part of the yard I hadn't hit and I found the 1893-S barber there. While talking with the owner, she said, "You know where you should go? Over to my great-grandfather's house." She said her son buried a time capsule there when he was a kid and asked me to look for it. I went over there and hunted the yard. I don't think it had ever been detected before because all of the coins I found were only 3-5" deep. She met me there later and showed me the general area where the time capsule was probably buried. As soon as they get a chance to clear the area of weeds, I'll go back and try again. The relics are a bolo tie slide, an unknown brass piece, a star pin, a cow tag, and a 1938 dog tax tag. The two V nickels ('01 and '0:geek: are the nicest ones I have ever dug. The 1899 Netherlands penny was a nice surprise. Only two of the wheats are from later than 1930. I found two other tokens as well. And yes, one of the last things I dug was the '06 indian. So ended up finding what I set out for, but found several other nice coins to go along with it.
[attachment 297103 DSC04501-1.jpg][attachment 297104 DSC04508-1.jpg]

Great hunt and especially good find on the PG token!

Beautiful hunt Jason! Congratulations on the finds and especially unearthing your IH! Thanks for the story and the pictures.

NebTrac

Congrats on a great bunch of finds !