Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another WM-10 issue

Has this happened to anyone.

On my last 3 times out with the CTX I've had an ongoing problem with the WM-10 where I finally gave up on it today.

Here's what's happening. I'm about 35-40 minutes into my hunt and I hear a "snap" sound in my headphones and in about 30 seconds or so afterward my connection goes dead and I'm in silence. The first time it happened I thought it was weird, took the WM-10 out of my back pocket and pushed the on button and it came back on and I continued. 30 minutes later I hear the snap again and then in a few seconds it goes silent again. Again I push the on button and it comes back on but once again after a bit it fails.

This has happened my last 3 hunts and it's always a snap sound and then dead. Today I finally just unplugged and put the plug directly into the machine. Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Dave

Well SNAP! If it is just the WM-10 shutting down, I would do a recharge, and try again. I am 'guessing' it is getting something crossways and a power zap shuts it off. An 'electrical POP' and shutdown to me indicates something internal, maybe something loose inside that should not be loose! Like, 'If it moves and aint supposed to move, put Duct Tape on it. If it dont move and is supposed to move put WD-40 on it".

Shake it and listen to it, and if it keeps doing the shutdown call Jaime!

If not the battery, try a different headphones solution. I had mine act up with low impedance phones.

Hi skateteacher, please be sure to contact me at service@minelabamericas.com if the issue continues!