Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any information from the Minelab Dealer’s meeting?

Thanks Andy, Great to hear this information from a trusted source.

My friends are hoping the gold mode running in multi, will allow them to cancel the salt water and locate those illusive chains. Single frequency 20 or 40 would not be any different than any other high frequency machine in salt water, but-------- maybe just maybe multi IQ gold mode will do the trick?

Carolina

\"Carolina\" said:
My friends are hoping the gold mode running in multi, will allow them to cancel the salt water and locate those illusive chains. Single frequency 20 or 40 would not be any different than any other high frequency machine in salt water, but-------- maybe just maybe multi IQ gold mode will do the trick?

Carolina

That will be awesome if it works like this!

coils, headphones , etc?

No, other than what is coming out there was no pricing or availability set yet

Small coil (6") will be available around release

Larger coil (12x15) will be later

Waterproof headphones are also TBD but the discussion covered the connection which has an O-Ring to keep water out of the plug jack

The battery can be charged while you detect - sort of neat - and any portable power brick will work . . . . although Minelab is working on one

The headphones that come with the 800 are not waterproof but are wireless (Bluetooth low lag)

The WM-08 module comes with the 800 and uses the same circuitry as the CTX 3030 wireless module. No built in speaker but you can plug an external speaker in to it or a set of headphones with a 1/4" jack

Screen protectors are included in the box with functions labeled at the bottom

Hope this answers the question

Andy Sabisch

The way it was explained is that it uses the same technology; i.e., WiStream, but as far as being interchangeable that was not one of the points raised by the engineering team. I can verify that for you

Andy Sabisch said:
The WM-08 module comes with the 800 and uses the same circuitry as the CTX 3030 wireless module. No built in speaker but you can plug an external speaker in to it or a set of headphones with a 1/4" jack

Andy Sabisch

1/4 inch or 1/8 inch?

Question for you Andy,

Did they saything about the battery pack? Will it be user-replaceable or will it have to be sent in if there is a problem? I know on one of their postings they said that aspect was still up in the air.

Jason in Enid said:
Question for you Andy,

Did they saything about the battery pack? Will it be user-replaceable or will it have to be sent in if there is a problem? I know on one of their postings they said that aspect was still up in the air.

They indicated that it would be replaceable but that there are multiple seals that need to be removed to get to the battery . . . while cost was not provided, I would venture to say that sending it to the service center and having it done correctly would be worth the cost considering how long it will last.

The new roll-out of the Authorized Service Centers (ASC) such as the one on PA that is getting units turned around in days rather than weeks is making a huge impact in the public perception of Minelab service after the sale so sending an Equinox in after a few years of use to replace the Li-Ion battery should not keep anyone out of commission for any length of time

Andy

Jason in Enid said:

Andy Sabisch

1/4 inch or 1/8 inch?

The WM-08 takes a 1/4" plug while the detector itself has a mini plug in the rear with a screw in collar to prevent snapping the smaller plug off

Andy Sabisch said:

Andy Sabisch

1/4 inch or 1/8 inch?

The WM-08 takes a 1/4" plug while the detector itself has a mini plug in the rear with a screw in collar to prevent snapping the smaller plug off

YAY!!!!! I can keep using my Sunrays!!!

Thank you Andy for that info.
I surely hope you and your wife had a nice Christmas and that your New Year is filled with lots of great things!

Tony

Andy i am confused. I hear that the unit will be available in late January and then i hear that Minelab will be shippiing in Late January. I spent over six years working in the business of piving dhipping containers of freiight and it takes quite some time to get a container from Asis to Long Beach. Nearlhy a mointh for some oif the steamship lines.

So my queston is when does Minelab actually expect the units to be in the hands of the dealers?? My calculations based on what i know about ocean shipping puts the containers in Long Beach bout the middle to end of Feb. Then the time to ship the containers to the distributors. I do not see the machines being in the hands of the consumers until very late Feb or Early March.

Are my calculations wrong???

Looking at what we know think of this.
As of Monday 1-15-2018 the software is NOT ready.
When ML speaks of release date they seem to mean when the first customer ready EQ's are
boxed & out the factory door.

Now the bad news
If the final software affects operation the manuals may not even be ready or an update slip stuck in.
The ability to run 1 or multi freqs in gold is a great example.
Then you have a 3-4 week sea voyage for us in the states. Dont forget customs etc at port.
Next is how the shipment is broken up. Normally a distributor breaks up & ships to the dealers.
Maybe with all the demand at first some will go direct ?
So my guess is mid Feb to the ides of March, beware ! VK's will get them weeks before us.

Batteries. Still up in the air.
Replaceable, I would hope so ! To me customer replaceable means no special tools & any idiot can do it.
Questions about warranty are in the air. Is there any battery warranty ? How long ? Will changing it
yourself void the whole warr ? Or just from water damage, that would make sense. Also dont expect
ML to to send a free battery. That would be suicide for them.

Last is just curiosity. What country buys the most consumer market ML MD's. With 300 million Americans
plus another 30-40 million illegals I am surprised its not the US...... Steve ??

C U later
Tom
LFOD !

TomNH said:
Looking at what we know think of this.
As of Monday 1-15-2018 the software is NOT ready.
When ML speaks of release date they seem to mean when the first customer ready EQ's are
boxed & out the factory door.

Now the bad news
If the final software affects operation the manuals may not even be ready or an update slip stuck in.
Then you have a 3-4 week sea voyage for us in the states. Dont forget customs etc at port.
Next is how the shipment is broken up. Normally a distributor breaks up & ships to the dealers.
So my guess is mid Feb to the ides of March, beware ! VK's will get them weeks before us.

Batteries. Still up in the air.
Replaceable, I would hope so ! To me customer replaceable means no special tools & any idiot can do it.
Questions about warranty are in the air. Is there any battery warranty ? How long ? Will changing it
yourself void the whole warr ? Or just from water damage, that would make sense. Also dont expect
ML to to send a free battery. That would be suicide for them.

Last is just curiosity. What country buys the most consumer market ML MD's. With 300 million Americans
plus another 30-40 million illegals I am surprised its not the US...... Steve ??

C U later
Tom
LFOD !

I have to agree. I am gravely disappointed.

TomNH said:
Now the bad news

C U later
Tom
LFOD !

ML hasnt put a manual in the box in a long time. They will tell you to go to their website and download it. So that still has weeks to be finalized. If they are still loading software, they still have time to print the updated quick-start guide that ships with the detector.

I honestly expected ML to be a long way past still chaning software, but oh well, it is what it is. I'll keep using my CTX until the EQX arrives.

Jason in Enid said:
ML hasnt put a manual in the box in a long time. They will tell you to go to their website and download it. So that still has weeks to be finalized. If they are still loading software, they still have time to print the updated quick-start guide that ships with the detector.

I honestly expected ML to be a long way past still chaning software, but oh well, it is what it is. I'll keep using my CTX until the EQX arrives.
I didnt realize that. My Safari did come with a manual abt 3 yrs ago. IMHO you are OWED a hard copy manual for the $$ spent. Its one
thing on a $100 machine but here we are talking premium product. Software is the killer. How many times have you updated things then had
to again a few weeks later ? Gotta be real careful with it or bugs WILL show up down the line.
BTW I will keep my Safari. That way my squaw will have her own MD.

Tom
LFOD !