Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any information from the Minelab Dealer’s meeting?

Andy said it would be down the road awhile for the 15 incher.. my guess is it is going to be 400

I heard one of the dealers in attendance who said
that the initial shipment of equinoxes should be large enough
to cover the majority of preorders. Sounds good if true,
though I prepaid for mine pretty early on (october :geek:.
This same person last month was more inclined to expect
each dealer to get just a few units initially.
Anyway, I hope all the preorders are filled quickly. I'm sure
Minelab would like to sell one to everyone that wants one.

relicmeister said:
I heard one of the dealers in attendance who said
that the initial shipment of equinoxes should be large enough
to cover the majority of preorders. Sounds good if true,
though I prepaid for mine pretty early on (october :geek:.
This same person last month was more inclined to expect
each dealer to get just a few units initially.
Anyway, I hope all the preorders are filled quickly. I'm sure
Minelab would like to sell one to everyone that wants one.

Well we are going to find out....someday.

As they are made in the Far East there should not be a problem with hiring a larger labour force.:shrug: Jerry.

beegees said:
I did notice their product pages directly at Minelab are getting filled out with complete info that I didn't see before. Plenty. Not sure if that was just recently or if I just hadn't checked recently.

Has anyone heard what the cost will be for the 15" coil, Part No. 3011-0335, and will that be available some day down the road afterwards?

Pricing for the coils has not been set yet and the larger one is not even in the pipeline . . . so before people start getting excited at a price that is not even finalized, let's wait and get the final price list from Minelab

Andy

Hopefully it is cheaper. I know I will get one since I loved the CTX 17 incher so much. I would be really surprised if it was anything less than, oh 325? I suppose it is two inches smaller. So just for fun I will say between 3 and 4 hundred.
It is too bad to hear that it may be quite a ways out.

Many products do not go thru distributers anymore, in fact many (including probably Minelab) are drop shipped from their warehouse to fill sales orders (Amazon and Cabela's come to mind)

I'm kind of confused as to why Minelab does not have the accessories "ready to go" -- specifically, the coils. I KNOW they are tweaking machine software right up to the last minute, and I'm fine with that. But, I would THINK the requirements for the coils would be unaffected by software changes being made to the unit, such that the coils could have been going through the manufacturing process starting quite awhile back. Maybe I'm wrong, and I have to ASSUME I am, as otherwise I'd think they'd be ready by now. But I can't see how the coil specs weren't set in stone a long time ago...

Steve

silvercoinboy said:
Many products do not go thru distributers anymore, in fact many (including probably Minelab) are drop shipped from their warehouse to fill sales orders (Amazon and Cabela's come to mind)

As far as the US and most of Europe and the UK, distributors handle Minelab products and accessories - shipments to dealers do not come from Minelab itself

Labor may not be the problem. How big a factory do you think Minelab would have to spend six months building to be able to furnish enough detectors to meet all the current desire for the Equinox?

GeorgeinSC said:
Labor may not be the problem. How big a factory do you think Minelab would have to spend six months building to be able to furnish enough detectors to meet all the current desire for the Equinox?
Hard to answer but not much room if only the EQ 600 & 800. Maybe 3000-4000 sqft including crappers, offices & a small loading dock.
Also how many shifts & how much fabrication happens there. Keep in mind Codan is building there own things ( mostly HF & VHF transceivers )
in a big factory along with ML detectors. So that makes a devoted EQ factory very hard to judge.
Codan could ramp things up but that would cause hiring & training temps or moving them from other tasks. After the initial run to fill pre orders
demand will taper off to a predictable much lower level. One thing is not to make too many. If you sell 500 make a few less. That keeps the
price up & demand.

Tom N.H.
LFOD !

so the jacks on the machine and wm-08 are both 1/8 and not 1/4 that's odd since the koss headphones ,minelab uses are all 1/4 like my black widows ,of coarse you can get a plug adapter also I take it no headphones come with machine also how will that adapter handle the waterproof to 9 meters .................like me gran pappy said" the more duehickies in the mix the more chance of failures"

rellikusmc said:
so the jacks on the machine and wm-08 are both 1/8 and not 1/4 that's odd since the koss headphones ,minelab uses are all 1/4 like my black widows ,of coarse you can get a plug adapter also I take it no headphones come with machine also how will that adapter handle the waterproof to 9 meters .................like me gran pappy said" the more duehickies in the mix the more chance of failures"

You are wrong. I also assumed that the WM-08 would be 1/8 also but I have asked a tester about this and the WM-08 has a 1/4 inch headphone jack,

Jason in Enid said:

You are wrong. I also assumed that the WM-08 would be 1/8 also but I have asked a tester about this and the WM-08 has a 1/4 inch headphone jack,

Minelab has posted the details on the WM-08 module and it does not have a 1/4" jack . . . it is a 3.5mm (1/8" jack) so an adapter will be required to use conventional detecting headphones on the detector. This is a change to what was communicated earlier.

https://www.minelab.com/accessories-1/by-detector/equinox-series

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:

Minelab has posted the details on the WM-08 module and it does not have a 1/4" jack . . . it is a 3.5mm (1/8" jack) so an adapter will be required to use conventional detecting headphones on the detector. This is a change to what was communicated earlier.

Andy

damnit now I'm more confused than ever

I went back re-read the conversation about the 1/4" jack (which was only a few ago) and its disappeared. I even went through every post on every forum I am on (just in case) but it looks like that exchange and possibly the whole thread was removed. So ignore my previous post since I cant go back and edit it.

thank you Andy haven't seen you in many years but I'm one of Susquehanna metal detecting club members I follow and read just about everything you offer on minelab thank you for your time and experience you share with us..Pat B i'm most likely going to order the koss QZ99 1/8 connector.

what a mess... why would they use that small jack when most headphones are 1/4" seems they are always taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back. I really hope i dont have to even use a module with my 800 Deus and Garrett got me spoiled with wireless. Even the WM-10 is a pain in the ass on the CTX, i dont like being tethered to anything, not true wireless

Andy Sabisch said:

Andy

rellikusmc said:

Jacks on both the machine and WM08 are 1/8".

Headphones DO come with the machine -- wireless ones, with the 800, and wired, with the 600. The 800's phones also come with an accessory cable so that they can be plugged in, if you wish, to the machine OR the WM08 -- but this accessory cable does NOT have a waterproof connector. A connector that IS waterproof (an adapter cable, with a waterproof connection at the "control box end) is available as an optional accessory.

A "plug" adapter will NOT be waterproof, but the optional adapter CABLE will be, as long as you keep the "non control-box end" above water.

Steve

beegees said:
The bad part of preordering I guess. You don't exactly get everything you need right away. Would have been cool if they would have shared that small adapter for waterproofing and any other accessory options with the dealers that were taking preorders but oh well.

This wait and trickling of info makes me feel like i'm in the old west ordering from a catalog and expecting to be older by the time the stagecoach carries the order across country and then back again with the order. I sure hope no horse thieven gangs hold up the stagecoach along the way. Deadman's pass has been known to lose passengers and cargo before. The good news is Doc Holden has given his blessing of my marriage to his little Jenny come leaf out. I sure hope we can spend our honeymoon detecting the field furrows before it's time for planting.
Funny.