Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any information from the Minelab Dealer’s meeting?

Bourneredi

I know that the Minelab Dealers had their meeting in Arizona this weekend. Has anyone heard any news or updates that came out of that meeting?

One dealer in New Jersey posted that he will return this Saturday, due to a minelab seminar in Arizona.

I hope they left my 800 when they left :p

My dealer says he is going the 19th and returning the 24th (suppose some R&R also). Also says they are to get 'training' on the machine at that time, and no shipments until after the training. I think he has 50 on order with 15 or more prepaid.

In the past many of the new Minelab detectors were released after the dealers meeting so the dealers can get the low down on them and how they work. They also have a chance to buy one then too so they have one to try and use before they actually are released. Now the end of January sound realistic as Minelab has said. I feel they will be released now around the end of January, but may not get to the dealer a little later as they have to go to the dist first unless they're some at the dist waiting for Minelab to give the OK to send to the dealers.
At one time Minelab would let the dealer know and maybe order in 1 or so before they were actually released a week or so, but were not suppose to say anything until Minelab said to release info, but it seem like the same day it was posted on the forums, so now the dealer dont know anything either until at this annual meeting. I think this is why we see no info from the testers.
One of the things as a ex dealer I didnt like was when I ordered in some Sovereigns XS2a and about a week or so later the Sovereign Elite came out so everyone wanted the new Elite and our big mail order dealer in FL must have made a deal with Minelab for those they had left and were selling them for less than us dealer bought the ones we had. This also happen with the Explorer XS so we knew nothing about the XSII that came out, so some that stock many of them got stuck with out dated detectors. I sure wished some would not have leaked out info so Minelab would have let the dealers know what was going on so we could have adjusted our inventory better.
I wonder how many are ordered from the dealers and how many they will get on the first order and how long will it take to fill all the orders of all of those they have ordered at this time. Those that order now will they see them before middle of summer or after because of the back orders. Lets hope Minelab is been busy making and stock piling them so no one has to wait long.

I hope Minelab will have or made enough so all those that want one can have one in their hand in the first month or so.

Rick

You are correct, he said leaving Friday and coming back Tuesday, so I thought it was next week, but he just texted me a pic of a cactus and an Equinox. At least I know it will find cactus!

[size=large]Agenda:
Sunday, January 14 – Welcome, Dinner
Monday, January 15 – Conference, EQUINOX Training, Breakout Sessions, Dinner
Tuesday, January 16 – Optional GOLD Detecting Event. Departure Home.[/size]

squirrel1 said:
I believe this is from the meeting.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/157635448164052/?ref=direct

what is? I dont see anything new there.

I heard that they made 1 change and made gold mode into multi frequency now and still anticipating end of the month release

I dont know that they made it into multi freq..... they said multi freq NOW was as good as. I saw the nuggets some posted using multi freq..... impressive, but im betting it will still be VERY hard to change our thinking that multi freq for raw gold will out shine say 40 khz.

I believe they made it so you can run single or multi... i wouldnt know the benefits either, but it is what i heard was changed

I am pretty sure that before, gold mode was only going to be 20 or 40 kHz single freq., but they changed it so that you could run multi in the gold mode; unless I'm mistaken, I don't think that was an option until this recent change...

Steve

The conference was a one-day event (Monday) with the CEO from Australia discussing where Minelab has been and where it is going.

Mark Lawrie, the lead on the Equinox project, was there to provide attendees with an overview of the detector and cover some of the features - unfortunately there was not enough time to cover all of what it can do or options available.

As far as release date - Minelab is shooting for the end of the month but the software has not been fully locked down yet and the units already built will need to be loaded before shipment from Malaysia so keep fingers crossed for an initial release date of the end of January. There was no mention of how many units would be going where - remember, there are orders from around the world and the US is not the biggest market so to expect all pre-orders to be filled is overly optimistic at this point.

Clearly the reason the testers have been restricted as to what they can or can't say is because things have been changing continually - features added or removed, options adjusted and more so what you get may not be what the testers used last week or last month.

Mark made himself available to answer questions after the open forum and do some demonstrations which showed some of what it was capable of - but being inside a hotel limited what you could really test; i.e., lighting, 25 other detectors around you and metal in the floor.

Weight and balance was clearly not your typical high end Minelab . . . light and easy to swing.

The small 6 inch coil will be available at or just after the release date but the larger 12x15 coil is going to be down the road a while.

Any other specific questions people have that might have been answered in Phoenix?

Andy Sabisch