Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!



Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

atx cable poor

beav

Member
*IF* they have ACTUALLY resolved the cable degradation issue, then I would recommend that the ATX is worth buying.
However, If they have NOT solved the issue, then I would not recommend buying.
 
I just sold my ATX 2 months ago right after the warranty ran out. Under warranty, the coil / cable was replaced 2 times. I didn't want to chance another failure with me having to cough up big $$$ to replace it again and I hunt saltwater
90% of the time. Too risky.
 

Seeker Shawn

New member
Yeah, I decided to go with a CTX3030 instead. I just moved right on the beach in a resort town so hopefully it's a good beach detector that can cross over to other uses on the rare occasion I might go gold hunting or something.
 

denny

New member
beav said:
*IF* they have ACTUALLY resolved the cable degradation issue, then I would recommend that the ATX is worth buying.
However, If they have NOT solved the issue, then I would not recommend buying.

Well it’s been over a year since the replacement coil on the atx and I haven’t heard anything of a bad coil cable.
 

denny

New member
doc holiday232 said:
Since this seems to be the Number 1 negative issue with the ATX would it not make sense that Garrett would announce the Solution to the ATX cable problem,however,this would be an admission that there WAS a problem to begin with. My money is on them making NO announcement since they would Never admit to the problem in the first place.
I agree we all want to hear that there was a problem and solution straight from the horses mouth. But it’s been so long why bother. True if Mr. Garrett were still alive he would have done things differently.
 

Seeker Shawn

New member
denny said:
beav said:
*IF* they have ACTUALLY resolved the cable degradation issue, then I would recommend that the ATX is worth buying.
However, If they have NOT solved the issue, then I would not recommend buying.

Well it’s been over a year since the replacement coil on the atx and I haven’t heard anything of a bad coil cable.

Are you saying the problem was fixed? I'd love to have one of the units if so but I can't get a confirmation and can't afford to waste the money if not.
 

denny

New member
Seeker Shawn said:
I wish more people that have bought new ones with the new cable would weigh in here. I just refused shipment on one that I bought on Amazon after reading this thread. All the videos I see on You Tube make it sound like the detector that saved mother earth. Really glad I found this thread! If we can get confirmation that the coil issue is resolved might be worth buying a new one if we make sure it is a "new" one and not a "new" one that's just not sold from last year and has the old cables. Anymore people out there with the new cables?

Yes there may be some ATX’s from before the replacement coils being sold as new with the cracking cable issue . The newer ATX with the 11x13 coil shouldn’t be an issue. Haven’t heard anything about coil cable issues from the replacement coil cable or 11x13 coil cable. My atx had bad ground noise due to the cracked cable and I never put in fresh or saltwater Garret took care of the problem with the replacement coil and it was out of warranty by one year. Had to go through a few loops in order to receive the replacement coil.
 

denny

New member
Seeker Shawn said:
denny said:
beav said:
*IF* they have ACTUALLY resolved the cable degradation issue, then I would recommend that the ATX is worth buying.
However, If they have NOT solved the issue, then I would not recommend buying.

Well it’s been over a year since the replacement coil on the atx and I haven’t heard anything of a bad coil cable.

Are you saying the problem was fixed? I'd love to have one of the units if so but I can't get a confirmation and can't afford to waste the money if not.
You might want to check out other water and gold prospecting forums and ask. As for me I can’t give you a confirmation as I just received my replacement coil a couple of months ago and haven’t hunted a saltwater beach yet. The replacement coil has cleared up the ground noise I had before. The atx was unusable in the field with the old coil in some ground I was hunting. Now good as new.
 

doc holiday232

New member
WHY can't Garrett either confirm that the cable issue has been resolved or say there Never was an issue??????????? This is one of the reasons why foreign MD manu. are making inroads.
 

denny45

Member
doc holiday232 said:
denny said:
beav said:
" The coil cable has a clear coating ...."

Sounds to me like they are just spraying on a clear rubberized membrane but keeping the same coiled cable materials(?) Hard to say without seeing it first hand.
Beav
You really think Garrett would be using the same materials.

YES they would--rather than admit and move forward.

Been almost 6 months and no problems with replacement coil.
 

beav

Member
denny said:
Been almost 6 months and no problems with replacement coil.

Good to hear. Maybe they fixed it. I have no worries - I sold my ATX a few months back. Didn't feel like owning a 'ticking cable time bomb'!

Beav
 

denny45

Member
beav said:
denny said:
Been almost 6 months and no problems with replacement coil.

Good to hear. Maybe they fixed it. I have no worries - I sold my ATX a few months back. Didn't feel like owning a 'ticking cable time bomb'!

Beav
I’m realizing that small iron and rusty bottle caps will sound off like a gold ring instead of iron. That’s not good for the beach areas I hunt. Iron will sound off as iron if target is large. I’m now looking at the new Tarsacci metal detector. This detector is not a pi or a VLF machine. I heard it’s a deep machine for bad ground and handles saltwater. It’s a very good relic machine also.
 

doc holiday232

New member
denny45 said:
doc holiday232 said:
denny said:
beav said:
" The coil cable has a clear coating ...."

Sounds to me like they are just spraying on a clear rubberized membrane but keeping the same coiled cable materials(?) Hard to say without seeing it first hand.
Beav
You really think Garrett would be using the same materials.

YES they would--rather than admit and move forward.

Been almost 6 months and no problems with replacement coil.

I have a Garrett detector 45 yo and cables still good-----6months??
 

denny45

Member
doc holiday232 said:
denny45 said:
doc holiday232 said:
denny said:
beav said:
" The coil cable has a clear coating ...."

Sounds to me like they are just spraying on a clear rubberized membrane but keeping the same coiled cable materials(?) Hard to say without seeing it first hand.
Beav
You really think Garrett would be using the same materials.

YES they would--rather than admit and move forward.

Been almost 6 months and no problems with replacement coil.

I have a Garrett detector 45 yo and cables still good-----6months??
. Just letting you know that there aren’t any problems like the earlier machines those cables degraded too soon. If your still looking for Garrett to admit fault you’re never going to get an answer.
 
Top