Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

August (56) silver & 2013 (129) silver pics (2 pics)

tonym

Looks like I may not get out for the rest of August, so I'll post my pic now.

First pic is 56 silver for August. I may never have another silver month like this!!

Second pic is 129 silver coins for 2013 & a few assorted silver odds and ends.

I have almost 15 ounces of silver so far this year.

Congrats on all that Silver ! :clapping:

You have done well this year Tony - lots of good memories in that pile of silver I'm sure!

That is not just fantastic but also very inspirational! I am getting back into coin detecting after many years absent (been looking for gold) and it is great to see somebody doing so well as you are Been out a couple times recently with my CTX, no silver yet but it is coming. I have moved and so am getting to know new locations and am excited by the opportunities.

Good on you and thanks for sharing!

Incredible month and a great year so far. I dont see any 'war nickles', just the buffalo. Do you count the war nickles as silver? I count them and have 10 for the year. The club I am in counts war nickles as silver and the most nickles each month gets points toward the 'hunter of the year'. I stole the idea from someone on here to create a high tone bin for nickles and it works well.

jas415 said:
Incredible month and a great year so far. I dont see any 'war nickles', just the buffalo. Do you count the war nickles as silver? I count them and have 10 for the year. The club I am in counts war nickles as silver and the most nickles each month gets points toward the 'hunter of the year'. I stole the idea from someone on here to create a high tone bin for nickles and it works well.

I count 'em but don't have any this year :)

jas415 said:

jas415 .. That's called "cherry picking" .... where you pick out all the good stuff and leave the crap signals for someone else. At least he's leaving the nickels for other hunters.

McDave said:
jas415 said:

jas415 .. That's called "cherry picking" .... where you pick out all the good stuff and leave the crap signals for someone else. At least he's leaving the nickels for other hunters.

McDave, sure hope you are not referring to me as a cherry picker. If you are, you are dead wrong and don't have a clue what you are talking about. I didn't post the 3,000 clad coins I dug up getting these 129 silver coins. Actually it is 2743 coins. I track every coin I have ever found. I even pick up surface clad. I must have read your comment wrong because no one could be dumb enough to make that "cherry-picker" assumption from what I posted :crylol:

UNBELIEVABLE!!

Bad comment on the 'cherry picking'! I emailed Tony a couple of times about the nickels thing and he sure as heck is not cherry picking! For me, all I was doing was asking if Tony counted the war nickels as silver. I have 11 for the year and wanted to know. I have dug 367 clad nickels, 11 war nickels, 14 buffs, 1 shield and 3 V'[s this year. The CTX with the high bin for nickels really makes them jump out. Way to go Tony!!

jas415 said:
Bad comment on the 'cherry picking'! I emailed Tony a couple of times about the nickels thing and he sure as heck is not cherry picking! For me, all I was doing was asking if Tony counted the war nickels as silver. I have 11 for the year and wanted to know. I have dug 367 clad nickels, 11 war nickels, 14 buffs, 1 shield and 3 V'[s this year. The CTX with the high bin for nickels really makes them jump out. Way to go Tony!!

It's all good buddy - happy hunting :) I am considering using a high tone bin for nickels after reading your PM. There are VERY few people who find 11 war nickels in a year. You are doing awesome!!

I have mine setup from 10-15 with 1200 Hz (the same as my silver bin). I've also scooped up a load of nickels this year.....although not as many old ones. I have 290 modern nickels, 2 Buffs, 2 Vs and 2 war nickels. I do get some pull tabs on occasion, but if I walk a circle around the target and the tone stays good and solid, I'd say 97% of the time there's a nickel to be had. My total nickels for 2012 when I was running the White's DFX was 24!

There was 7 war nickels taken off that one front yard Sunday I got 1, Ronnie got 3 and Junk got 3 today, along with 2 buffs. total of 15 silvers and a beautiful gold ring with diamonds all off a spot about 60' by 40'. I attached a pic of the ring Junkman found today. I guess I walked away from it as I know it was a 12-25 tone and I ignored it.