Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to the cold and wind and holy moly this was fun!

Ronstar

Went back today where I went yesterday, old childhood friends place. Moved to the front yard and game on!!! Still cold but wind not as strong.

Third signal I hit ended up a 43 Washington! Starting out like the day before but hoping maybe more coins. Hmmmm, careful what ya wish for…..
Front yard has a sidewalk down the (basically) middle to house, yard size combined maybe 50’ N/S and 40’ E/W. I was aware another detectorist was given permission early last spring but it was described as quick and gridded and nothing but bottle caps and no coins known recovered (buddy pretty much stayed with him).

On the one side I recovered 20+ wheats raging from 1917 to mid 50s. Two 20s, a couple 30s and the rest 40-50s. One penny ended up a 51 Canadian! Moved over to the other side and dug a couple more wheats and a 1953 Washington! I dont think I’ve had that much fun in a three hour period ever!!!! Buddy kept the wheats and let me have the two silvers (one I forgot to show him) but he didnt care, he was more interested in the old pennies!!!
Previous detectorist, we believe, runs a Nox800 and even if he was doing it quickly how the hell to you miss a total of nearly 30 wheats, a silver dime and two silver quarters? Granted it took me six hours to do what he did in 2.5 hrs but we havent even hit the back yard yet either! Seeing as the yard was loaded with wheats I wonder if the yard had been hit before and buddy didnt know it (his Mom passed in 2019 and lived on the house until 201:geek:. I’ve never had so much fun digging signals……..Also pulled a super small padlock and some type of a foot or pull (top of photo) that has a slight greenish patina and heavy for its size.

Attachments

• 5EA09D7E-08B7-406C-BD1D-99CAC42934C1.jpeg
    5EA09D7E-08B7-406C-BD1D-99CAC42934C1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 125
  • E6742EBB-F1C2-4DDA-927E-08662ECE5280.jpeg
    E6742EBB-F1C2-4DDA-927E-08662ECE5280.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 132
Nice hunting. Loss of concentration is a sure way to miss coins. Previous guy probably just wanted to leave the site because he could't carry on a conversation and hunt at the same time.

Yah, I don't show anybody anything anymore, after a guy (at a fraternity) took a silver ring from me.

If I think the owner is watching, every time I find something cool, I'll just shake my head as if it's a disappointment. Sometimes I carry a dateless buffalo as a giveaway.

Went back today where I went yesterday, old childhood friends place. Moved to the front yard and game on!!! Still cold but wind not as strong.

Third signal I hit ended up a 43 Washington! Starting out like the day before but hoping maybe more coins. Hmmmm, careful what ya wish for…..
Front yard has a sidewalk down the (basically) middle to house, yard size combined maybe 50’ N/S and 40’ E/W. I was aware another detectorist was given permission early last spring but it was described as quick and gridded and nothing but bottle caps and no coins known recovered (buddy pretty much stayed with him).

On the one side I recovered 20+ wheats raging from 1917 to mid 50s. Two 20s, a couple 30s and the rest 40-50s. One penny ended up a 51 Canadian! Moved over to the other side and dug a couple more wheats and a 1953 Washington! I dont think I’ve had that much fun in a three hour period ever!!!! Buddy kept the wheats and let me have the two silvers (one I forgot to show him) but he didnt care, he was more interested in the old pennies!!!
Previous detectorist, we believe, runs a Nox800 and even if he was doing it quickly how the hell to you miss a total of nearly 30 wheats, a silver dime and two silver quarters? Granted it took me six hours to do what he did in 2.5 hrs but we havent even hit the back yard yet either! Seeing as the yard was loaded with wheats I wonder if the yard had been hit before and buddy didnt know it (his Mom passed in 2019 and lived on the house until 201:geek:. I’ve never had so much fun digging signals……..Also pulled a super small padlock and some type of a foot or pull (top of photo) that has a slight greenish patina and heavy for its size.
You had a really good day there with all those finds! Obviously the first guy didn’t know what he was doing with his detector. Reminds me of the time I was at a beach watching a woman swing a V3i like a golf club, coil never got the coil closer than 6 inches to the sand. I didn’t have the heart to stop her and give her a few pointers. She was happily strolling along oblivious to everything around her.

Great to find a place with so many targets to dig, the first guy needed to turn his NOX800 On. Silver is always good to find and you had a great day.

@Ronstar , were you using the F75 on that hunt?

Yes!! DE mode, 80 sens, disc 10 notch 1. Due to EMI I was on F3 freq. Also, a bit of sn abnormality but the wheats were ringing up 70-72 range which is normally dimes. I was on F1 when I found the silver dime as that was before the EMI, it came up 72 so thinking side freqs up average the VDI.

@jim-- the nox definately finds silver. There are some situations, and I can't define what those are, where the silver just is invisible to it. Even ronstar witnessed a silver quarter at 6" being invisible to the machine. You just wouldn't know unless you were swinging a different detector during the same hunt, checking every signal.

Anyway, the point is that the guy swinging the nox is a pro. And I want to kick his ass for finding a gold coin... lol. My revenge is I got to detect the house of a couple he was best man for 40 years ago-- found a peace dollar. Take that Earl, ya bastard!

@jim-- the nox definately finds silver. There are some situations, and I can't define what those are, where the silver just is invisible to it. Even ronstar witnessed a silver quarter at 6" being invisible to the machine. You just wouldn't know unless you were swinging a different detector during the same hunt, checking every signal.

Anyway, the point is that the guy swinging the nox is a pro. And I want to kick his ass for finding a gold coin... lol. My revenge is I got to detect the house of a couple he was best man for 40 years ago-- found a peace dollar. Take that Earl, ya bastard!
Ole Earl must be a dirty SOB ,, congrats on the finds...

Not to diss Earl, I stopped and talked to him one day. Nice enough guy…… but when it comes to the friendly competition the Dixie Chicks had a song about Earl, lol

Jeff is accurate. We were co-hunting the apartment complex and I hit a solid quarter signal just a couple inches from one of his plugs. I called him over and the shocked look came over his face, “put that damn thing back in there!” There was a vertical steel nail in the ground at the same level about 2-3” distant. Jeff pushed that 800 from just about every portion of a 360 degree arc one could do, absolute 0 detection.