Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back to WM08 Module from BT

relicmeister

When I bought two equinox 600s after dumbly selling mine, I decided to get Bluetooth earbuds. I wasn’t happy with them. So I went to lightweight wired phones adding coily cord cause they don’t snag. Still not happy. Finally just bought two wm08 modules on eBay essentially new for $80 each. Now I’m happy! I only like very light weight ON EAR headphones that let outside sound in ( necessary in woods). The sound is quite good as long as they are 32 ohm. What I do is I zip-tie the phones onto a baseball cap. Then I cut a slit into the caps visor and clip the wm08 module through. Lastly,
wind up the headphones wire leaving just enough to reach and plug into the module. The wm08 is lightening fast no discernible lag with even fast swing speeds. Also with the module facingp the detector, the signal never cuts out. They pair up to the Nox immediately every time. For me this is superior to Bluetooth.

It’s superior to you because it’s superior PERIOD....if you care about the response being as EXACT as can be. It makes a big difference to me and others, but the BT lag doesn’t seem to bother others. ANY lag and I’m off my game.

I found that the location of the wm08 was critical. I really wanted it on my back belt but it wouldn’t work there.

I’m confused. Doesnt the WM08 still need to connect wirelessly with the detector? Or is it because it was made specifically for the equinox that it doesn’t have lag? Do you consider it even better than the minelab wireless headphones?

I’m confused. Doesnt the WM08 still need to connect wirelessly with the detector? Or is it because it was made specifically for the equinox that it doesn’t have lag? Do you consider it even better than the minelab wireless headphones?
In a nutshell:
1. Yes.
2. Exactly. (technically SOME lag, but insignificant compared to BT.)
3. Yes. (the ML wireless phones are just re-branded Chinese BT phones.)

Last edited:
Is the module waterproof?
Not quite.
It's a heck of a lot better than the CTX module, but you've still got the issue of where the headphones actually plug in.

If you've got headphones with the waterproof connector, it becomes pretty darn 'splash/rain proof', but since you can't use wireless in the water anyhow, that's fine.
(High Frequency wireless signals can't penetrate water.)
:)
mike

In a nutshell:
1. Yes.
2. Exactly. (technically SOME lag, but insignificant compared to BT.)
3. Yes. (the ML wireless phones are just re-branded Chinese BT phones.)
Thank you for the response. I actually have the WM08 and haven’t used it much and I also have waterproof wired headphones that work with them. Thinking I should give it a try

Thank you for the response. I actually have the WM08 and haven’t used it much and I also have waterproof wired headphones that work with them. Thinking I should give it a try
You don't use the WM08 with wired, waterproof headphones...you plug those directly into the Nox. While plugging the waterproof headphones into the WM08 module will work on land, the module is NOT waterproof and once the detector control pod goes underwater, you won't hear anything.

You don't use the WM08 with wired, waterproof headphones...you plug those directly into the Nox. While plugging the waterproof headphones into the WM08 module will work on land, the module is NOT waterproof and once the detector control pod goes underwater, you won't hear anything.
I can understand how my message could have been misconstrued. I don’t actually use the detector underwater. I originally bought them for when I go to the beach because I didn’t want to use the wireless headphones in case it rained. I could still technically plug them in on land, but I like the idea of staying wireless and not being tethered to the detector.

Hey, I like and have used the wm08 module a lot on the beach and in the water and the signal is VERY clear. In water/low surf, it works fine until the pod is under water and it loses connection with the wm08. However, a bigger concern of mine in using the wm08 module is that I run w/o a background (i.e., no threshold) and if I accidently place my large 9 1/2" T-Rex scoop between the wm08 and pod it will interrupt the connection and I lose the signal from the wm08 to the pod AND YOU MIGHT NOT NOTICE FOR A WHILE ON A QUITE BEACH! I noticed myself cutting the connection numerous times during a 4-5 hr hunt when I became aware of it (and can't help it). Sort of part of hunting and retrieving targets. Any ways, I stopped using it because I worried about missing good targets while the connection was lost. Might be different if you run with a threshold.

Another issue was that my wm08 sometimes lasted only 4ish hrs before petering out in my 5 hr hunt. Not sure why (too many signals?).

Another plus is it connects almost instantly when you turn on the WM08 first then the pod.