Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Banning the truth

Chuck M

Is it true that Finds Treasure Forum banned Calabash Digger? I like him as he always post the truth about metal detectors

I hope calabash wasn’t banned from this website !! He brings up very valid points about detectors, shows great comparisons and tells it like it is. Very valuable information!!! I have been detecting since 1976 and must say that for years and years , detecting magazines reviewed detector after detector , every month and never every had a review critical of any detector.All that did was provide misleading information to people looking to buy. If this website goes down that path it will be a shame!!!! Calabash videos can be brutal but honest! And that kind of honesty keeps the Manufacturer’s on there toes ! Forcing real changes in detectors to bring better performing detectors to the serious detectorist!! HH Tony

Do you think he is a pompous ass? I really don't know who he is but I do know writing something versus oral, with the exact same words can give different meanings. Voice inflection and body language can give a totally different meaning. Just curious.

Watch some of Calabash Digger reviews on YouTube, I really enjoy them. He states that he/we are tired of manufacturers making claims on there new detectors, then when you test them they fall far short of those claims. I wont mention the manufacturer he was reviewing, but I almost bought that detector. I'm glad I didn't because many other reviews of this detector falls in line with his review

I personally liked Calabash's videos. He would show comparison of detectors real time, and not just word of mouth or what he thought. Whether you may or may not have agreed with his videos I honestly feel that he did his best to represent the truth no matter where the pieces fell. I enjoyed watching most of his videos and talking to him on the forum here. I feel he is a good man with a lot of knowledge in our hobby. He has always been quick to reach out to anyone who may have had any questions regarding metal detector models that he was familiar with or questions in reference to our hobby itself. I too hope that he hasn't been banned.

Observation 1: An observation I had with a video and report on the 6 inch coil for the Equinox ... he said the stock coil (big ... what ever the size is) unmasked and separated better than the 6 inch. Having done target unmasking and separation tests with other detectors across different coil sizes I questioned him about a few things and asked if he had tried a couple other scenarios in his tests. I didn't think he took the questions well and the responses quickly went silent. Then I see on a different forum, several very experienced detectorists praising how well the 6 inch coil unmasks and separates targets with the Equinox; some with very detailed scenario reports that correspond with my experience with other detectors and big versus small coils and not with what Calabash was posting. He is a member of that other forum and stayed silent.
Observation two: There were several requests for people to subscribe to his youtube channel. As time went on, I felt more and more strongly that most of what he is doing with the posts on forums is to monetize his videos on youtube; maybe not, but seems that way.
I really enjoy seeing the bottles he pulls up.

Edited to add: Search on his screen name and he is still here but hasn't posted in a few weeks. In my sample of searches on a couple of names I know got kicked off, their posts don't come up in searches on the screen name ... Calabash still comes up. Hope he is OK ... didn't see recent posts on the other forum either.

Last edited:
Observation 1: An observation I had with a video and report on the 6 inch coil for the Equinox ... he said the stock coil (big ... what ever the size is) unmasked and separated better than the 6 inch. Having done target unmasking and separation tests with other detectors across different coil sizes I questioned him about a few things and asked if he had tried a couple other scenarios in his tests. I didn't think he took the questions well and the responses quickly went silent. Then I see on a different forum, several very experienced detectorists praising how well the 6 inch coil unmasks and separates targets with the Equinox; some with very detailed scenario reports that correspond with my experience with other detectors and big versus small coils and not with what Calabash was posting. He is a member of that other forum and stayed silent.
Observation two: There were several requests for people to subscribe to his youtube channel. As time went on, I felt more and more strongly that most of what he is doing with the posts on forums is to monetize his videos on youtube; maybe not, but seems that way.
I really enjoy seeing the bottles he pulls up.

Edited to add: Search on his screen name and he is still here but hasn't posted in a few weeks. In my sample of searches on a couple of names I know got kicked off, their posts don't come up in searches on the screen name ... Calabash still comes up. Hope he is OK ... didn't see recent posts on the other forum either.

I, too, liked seeing the old bottles he found--Different variations of Treasure Hunting I enjoy, as being almost 86, I remember these bottles when I was young & other antique treaures uncovered that we used to call trash & on farms were thrown in a hole & buried or discarded in the outhouses but now see the light of day, again, just like ours used today, if not broken rusted away may be unhidden, if the world is still going strongh & the Rapture of God's Faithful saints hasn't occured & there are still Treasure Seekers & Archeaologists wanting to uncover the living ways of past generations--just like in yesterday's & today's society! No one shoud be cancelled or denied access to their thoughts & opinions unless they knowingly LIE & hurt or destroy someone else or their business or use offensive language that not everyone appreciates!! Differences of opinons is doing daily businesses & stating what they believe by showing & testing, which others can compare by testing the different products for themselves that will most likely vary as the testing for themselves is done! Just my thoughts from a Christian believing ILL OLDER Lady, used to Treasure Hunt & collected coins & Antiques! The truth is in the eyes & practicing of the trying Hunting Beholder! Ma

Its absolutely true what was said about written inflections vs spoken inflections. Sometimes ones personality is not what it seems in print yet that person may be very knowledgeable about certain things and that opinion comes off pompous. Some people see black and others see white, those who see gray are often ignored.

I've gone my entire 67 years being honest, I despise people who cheat and lie. That includes false reviews on Amazon for inferior products, youtube reviews, so you can have a free product, used car salesmen and I've met many of those scumbags having worked for dealerships , so when someones expresses a truthful opinion about a product especially a metal detector is given, I tend to listen rather than spend my hard earned money. Bu I do wish he would get to t he point in his videos instead of dragging on.

He just seems to very passionate about what he does specifically and detecting in general. Sometimes that comes across as being “ragged” or “too blunt” but he’s just presenting what’s at hand the only way he knows how. He has said that IF a certain machine or brand works well for someone, they should just stick with it. I don’t think he’s trying to sell anything or sell any ONE. He’s just found something that works for him in the Equinox and Deus, and is more than happy to show performance differences to the best of his ability.