Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Big Ole Shiny!!

Dan(NM)

We finally got a couple of days of decent rain here in Central Texas. It's been dry as a bone for the last few weeks and the ground was getting pretty hard to dig in. The wife gave me her blessings to go hunt all day long, so I headed to one of the parks that has been producing very well. When I arrived I could tell that this place had received a fair share of rain. With hopes riding high I began my hunt. This was my first hunt in some damp soil, I was in for a rude awakening! This dirt is the stickiest gooiest mess I think I've ever dug in. After almost 2 hours all I had to show for my efforts was three or four pieces of clad. My spirits were sinking faster than the Titanic. My plan was the grid off areas until I got into something good. After about an hour and a half of that and only four Wheaties to show for it, I decided to do some freelance and just wander around aimlessly and head to my car and call it a day. I got into an area that I haven't spent much time in and the first signal I got was a big old aluminum token from a chamber of commerce. About 30 ft from there I get another signal hitting in the mid 30s dropping down to 30 but jumping back up to 33-34 on the Equinox. Usually that means sprinkler head or a large piece of aluminum. Cut a plug, took out about six inches of dirt, stuck my pinpointer in the hole expecting to hit the target. I started scanning the dirt that I had dug out and almost fell over backwards when I saw some big shiny in the dirt ball :) This was the very last thing that I expected to find today. Good thing nobody was around cuz all I could do is just sit there and laugh like a madman as I was taking pictures of it. I spent about another hour wandering around the park and decided to call it a day.

Attachments

• IMG_20211003_124846936.jpg
    IMG_20211003_124846936.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20211003_113856501_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211003_113856501_HDR.jpg
    831.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20211003_113658264.jpg
    IMG_20211003_113658264.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20211003_113726019_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211003_113726019_HDR.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 135
What a beautiful sight!!!! Congratulations!!

Very nice find. I'm glad you all got some rain. We are still waiting on it here in East Texas. Enjoy!

Good story and some good finds!!!! That era Barber had the buying power of nearly $14 today……

Always nice to find a barber half not easy to do !!!
Mark