Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Blank Screen

jimmy

Help!! I have had my new CTX for 2 months and was just starting to get the feel for it, my 4th hunt today I was working a civil war site here in N.C., I needed a water break so I went back to my vehicle and shut down the CTX while I drank some water, anyway I turned on the detector to restart my hunt and the start up music played but the screen was blank? so I turned it off but the shut down music did not play? I restarted and it played the music but still no screen info it was all blank? anyone have any ideas of what is wrong? also I came back home as soon as I could and wanted to hook up the Xhange2 to save my newly created patterns but the Xchange would not read the CTX so I guess i have lost those settings also. Any body have any ideas on what the problem may be or what I need to do? Thanks jimmy (USNavy 1965-71)

He's dead Jim.
sorry always wanted to say that. This sounds like it's beyond a user serviceable issue I would call Minelab..

Call and get an RA your done.

Thats what I was feared, Dang I was just starting to understand this monster, found silver on my very 1st hunt plus 58 cal. mini.looks like my son will be hunting by himself for a while, he also has a ctx with no problems 2yrs.Thanks GKMan

I will call and try to get the RA# ,I wonder how long it will take from north carolina to australia? will they tell me what parts to ship, I hope I don't have to ship everything!, Thanks for the info CT Todd

I think it will go to Chicago Jim.

Thanks Larry (IL), I am looking up the information now, I sure hope you are right as that might be a faster return hopefully.

CALL MINELAB! There is no one on this forum that can fix your machine. They (MINELAB) will do whatever to satisfy the customer. I'm beginning to think people just don't read their manuals because it plainly tells the consumer how to get in touch with them when a problem comes about.

Hershey1, I was kinda hoping it would be something simple that someone here might be some help, but I have sent an email off to customer service in Chicago, I would call but it is late and I have to be at work at 6:30am tuesday and may not be able to talk to someone so the email was my best choice for now. BTW I did read the manual, instructions etc. I was just hoping for a simple fix. Thanks Jimmy (USNavy 1965-71)

Did you try a reset of the detector, the reason I mention it is because we had to do that with the Explorer sometimes as the screen would go completely blank when you turned it on as the contrast would go to 0 and nothing would show on the screen. In fact it would set most everything to 0 and would work, but not much depth or anything. Some of us feel it was some static electricity or something that would zap the circuits and turn everything to 0.
I hope it is something that simple so you can be on your way back detecting again.

Rick

Hopefully Ricks idea could save the day.I would have more confidence that a reset may work if you were still able to connect to it via Xchange

Thanks for the tip Rick, I tried that this morning before work and nothing, still blank screen as GKMan suspected. Next step is to send it in ):

Yes they will take care of you normally during business hours you will get an e-mail back within a hour or so.

***Update***, I got in touch with Darin Brown at Minelab in Illinois, he said it was the GUI/LCD and will send me an RMA# and the I will send it in, hopefully it is a quick roundtrip so I don't miss all the cool fall hunting weather that is upon us.

Hi Jim
Curious that this issue would prevent you from connecting via exchange. Hopefully you shared that detail with them?

Hi GKMan, Yes I did include the information about not being able to connect to Xchange2, hopefully te will do a thorough check while they have it. Any info. that I get on this problem I will share with ya. Thanks, Jimmy

Fingers crossed for a quick turnaround..

Update----It's been over a week haven't heard anything yet, I am thining of calling/emailing and inquire as to status of the repairs and return time frame, I'm gettin itchy to go detecting weather is cool!!

I would suggest calling... Can't hurt..

Had my screen replaced and back within 14 days. Good turnaround. They sent me a loaner ovrrnight cause I had a travel hunt planned. It worked out well! Good luck... And if ur son needs a hunting partner, ill take one for the team. HeHeHe!