Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bummer!:ranting: My brand new MMK may be faullty :throw:

\"Carolina\" said:
Only spot I have found yet were the 3tone won't auto G/B is
a patch of super clean Florida dirt. It's so mild there I've seen
a few other machines not balance either.

When I was there I just set the iSat to 0 in 3tone and it
auto G/Bed first try. Might help what you are experiencing???

Electricfrontporch: Thanks for the idea. I'll give it a go. My SAT has been 01 thru my test.

Carolina

Just wanted to add that the areas where I had to do this it GBed in the mid 80s.
So the GB setting of 90 that it starts at would have been completely fine.
If you are trying to GB and the readout says 90 as you bob coil it means the
ground is pretty well inert and the preset will do fine.

Electricfrontporch said:
Only spot I have found yet were the 3tone won't auto G/B is
a patch of super clean Florida dirt. It's so mild there I've seen
a few other machines not balance either.

When I was there I just set the iSat to 0 in 3tone and it
auto G/Bed first try. Might help what you are experiencing???

Electricfrontporch: Thanks for the idea. I'll give it a go. My SAT has been 01 thru my test.

Carolina

Just wanted to add that the areas where I had to do this it GBed in the mid 80s.

All the other Modes same dirt same foot print grabs at 45 46. At the beach 00. Still no GB in 3 Tone. Turn it off start over each mode, nothing in 3 Tone. Pump coil 1" to 6" to 8".
SAT at 01 and now have tried 00. Same results. Waiting on Dilek.

So the GB setting of 90 that it starts at would have been completely fine.
If you are trying to GB and the readout says 90 as you bob coil it means the
ground is pretty well inert and the preset will do fine.

Hello all....there are many ways to overcome but since customers see this as an issue, we now sent an update to a few who complained about this.
Once confirmed that they can auto GB in 3-tone, we will publish the update online.

Thanks for your patience.

I'm not having any trouble ground balancing in 3 tone.

Also I saw video today of a guy who used a M Kruzer to test a gold chain in saltwater with success. He also found a gold ring while actually detecting with the detector submerged. That same guy used a Nox and had success with it as well. So it looks like the M Kruzer is rising to the challenge. He was in 19 kHz ground balanced at 7. Darn impressive for a single frequency machine.

I just wish I had time to detect more.

Nokta Detectors said:
Hello all....there are many ways to overcome but since customers see this as an issue, we now sent an update to a few who complained about this.
Once confirmed that they can auto GB in 3-tone, we will publish the update online.

Thanks for your patience.

Well done!!!!!

I'm happy with mine as is but it's nice to see them working with folks to help out.

Electricfrontporch said:
Saw a video from a UK user and he says to drop sensitivity in 3tone below 60 and it will auto GB fine.

Thanks for the tip but in my case it did not work. I do believe the update I have received will though. Rev. 1.2

kajunman said:
I'm not having any trouble ground balancing in 3 tone.

Also I saw video today of a guy who used a M Kruzer to test a gold chain in saltwater with success. He also found a gold ring while actually detecting with the detector submerged. That same guy used a Nox and had success with it as well. So it looks like the M Kruzer is rising to the challenge. He was in 19 kHz ground balanced at 7. Darn impressive for a single frequency machine.

I just wish I had time to detect more.

please dont assume there is no problem or whatever..im gettting tired of people in this THREAD ASSUMING things like read the manuaul ( i fully digested the manual before the machine arrived, own an impact and had the R2,so like most, i got a fair handle on if the machine is behaving normally or not :) ) etc etc.. I HAVE SENT documented video evidence of my problem to Makro..besides myself,carolina, there is a gentleman in turkey and maybe more who have discovered this..thats at least 3 different machines on 3 continents who have come up with this "issue" ...

I haven't assumed anything. Read my other post. I had a problem on a new detector that is a domestic detector. When the problem began to manifest itself I immediately sent it back to be taken care of. Yes it did suck for me but, two things. One, the company took care of the problem. Two, I knew of a few detectors that were doing the same as mine. The company took care of those issues as well. So you tell me you know of three detectors on three continents. Ok. Out of how many that were distributed around the world would those three count in percentages ? Ever notice when a car manufacturer has a recall it's usually for 100,000 or more ? C'mon, man. Stuff happens.

The reason I won't name that detector is because I think it doesn't do anyone any good to bash another company/detector. I haven't really heard of any company except one that doesn't take care of the issues regarding their own detectors. If you aren't happy with the M Kruzer get a different detector.

i agree one 100 percent... this isnt a re call issue,its most likely a software glitch..and like i said from the beginning, its not one 90 percent of owners are going to realise immediately,some at all,even..as for liking the Kruzer? i love it... it's just what i wanted, a water proof, baby impact :thumbup:

Hello all!

The issue is resolved - when you lower the iSAT level in the GEN mode to 4, the device will GB in 3-tone!

This is really not an issue ...as I stated before, the device may not GB automatically in the 3-tone due to the way it was designed.

Now - anybody who cannot GB in 3-tone can change the iSAT in GEN mode to 4 and save their settings.

We will also publish the update for this after our final checks tomorrow or the day after.

I Just tried it and now my machine will ground balance every time I tried. Seems to fix the issue, at least for me...

Like the manual says:
NOTE: If the iSAT value is set high, the device may not auto ground balance. In such a case,
lower the iSAT value first. After ground balancing, set the iSAT back to its original position.

Many devices need to be GB'd in all metal mode for best performance, just a bonus when a machine will balance in a disc mode.

As in many Pi's with a SAT control you will find:
Lowering SAT in a way also forces you to slow down swing speed, slows down the threshold retune as on a VLF motion based detector. Gives the detector more time to analyze the ground and or target to help locate smaller targets.
You can sort of apply this to GB'ing the Kruzer in difficult situations.

The White's MXT manual also has a good write up regarding SAT.