Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bummer!:ranting: My brand new MMK may be faullty :throw:

lol

There is only one production version

wait 5 seconds after you test the version to read the final numbers.

Coin Rescue Inc said:
lol

There is only one production version

wait 5 seconds after you test the version to read the final numbers.

I can wait till the cows come home. There is a major version large numbers and minor version GB numbers. If you read them together they read 0101 no period and why does it say Major and minor? Excuse my ignorance, humor me.

Thanks
Carolina

Carolina,

I agree basically we are on the same page.

(01 Major) (01 Minor) = 1.01 version to me as a basic upgrade identification number.

That is how I see firmware releases labeled in the software industry before

Why there is Major and Minor? The developers would have to say.

Coin Rescue Inc said:
Carolina,

I agree basically we are on the same page.

(01 Major) (01 Minor) = 1.01 version to me as a basic upgrade identification number.

That is how I see firmware releases labeled in the software industry before

Why there is Major and Minor? The developers would have to say.

Thank you for your answer. It is the only one I have gotten. Numerous mail to Dilek and my dealer who I should name but won't have gone unanswered. Thank you for your time.

dont get over excited, lol :)..still havent heard back yet..and yes i have heard they have got good customer service, but so do many other manufacturers..save the hand clapping until something ACTUALLY happens :twodetecting:

Nokta is in a much later time zone than we in Cairns are.

I've run my Razer Multi at Holloways Beach without failure, so it would have been easy to compare detectors if the will had been there.

Ozleif said:
Nokta is in a much later time zone than we in Cairns are.

I've run my Razer Multi at Holloways Beach without failure, so it would have been easy to compare detectors if the will had been there.

Makro has already stated that it fails to GB in mode 3 sometimes..im happy with the way it performs everywhere else,,Holloways?? i grew up there :thumbup:

anton said:
dont get over excited, lol :)..still havent heard back yet..and yes i have heard they have got good customer service, but so do many other manufacturers..save the hand clapping until something ACTUALLY happens :twodetecting:

and no one answers the phone at their head quarters in turkey for the last few days i have called ....yeah ..HOW'S THAT FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE?? :shrug:

anton said:

and no one answers the phone at their head quarters in turkey for the last few days i have called ....yeah Sven..hows that for customer service?? :shrug:

Anton,

Dear Anton,
I do not know what time you called but it is almost impossible for nobody answering each time you called if it was during our work hours.
Give me your phone number via email and I will personally call you..or call me directly at +90 541 8604596 next time.

We will be sending you an update soon (hopefully today) for you to try but to be honest with you, we got a machine here of which the owner said that he could not GB it in 3-tone so we made him send it here to check it out... our field tester was out all day yesterday and used it in many different spots to see if we could duplicate it but no luck...so not being able to duplicate it makes it harder for us to define it as an issue…

Nokta Detectors said:

and no one answers the phone at their head quarters in turkey for the last few days i have called ....yeah Sven..hows that for customer service?? :shrug:

Anton,

Dear Anton,
I do not know what time you called but it is almost impossible for nobody answering each time you called if it was during our work hours.
Give me your phone number via email and I will personally call you..or call me directly at +90 541 8604596 next time.

We will be sending you an update soon (hopefully today) for you to try but to be honest with you, we got a machine here of which the owner said that he could not GB it in 3-tone so we made him send it here to check it out... our field tester was out all day yesterday and used it in many different spots to see if we could duplicate it but no luck...so not being able to duplicate it makes it harder for us to define it as an issue…

hey :)..excuse my last abrupt post :)..im not having a good day,lol :)..besides my kruzer, my 6 month old IM24 impact coil decided to just die on me during a hunt, first time i have used it in a few weeks, so im just frustraded :)..i understand the situation, and i know you guys will sort this out...try this to replicate the 3 tone issue..in mode 3 use factory disc (03) and set the gain at just above or just below the "89" breakpoint for the change in reactivity speed.. like i said, it mostly GB"S first time, then it is pot luck after that :)..i,ll give you a call..cheers :)

anton said:

Anton,

Dear Anton,

hey :)..excuse my last abrupt post :)..im not having a good day,lol :)..besides my kruzer, my 6 month old IM24 impact coil decided to just die on me during a hunt, first time i have used it in a few weeks, so im just frustraded :)..i understand the situation, and i know you guys will sort this out...try this to replicate the 3 tone issue..in mode 3 use factory disc (03) and set the gain at just above or just below the "89" breakpoint for the change in reactivity speed.. like i said, it mostly GB"S first time, then it is pot luck after that :)..i,ll give you a call..cheers :)

for the life of me i just get engaged signals (factory number) and the number you just gave me a disconnected message..i am dialling the international code properly..got me stumped,lol..i,ll email you through my number :)

Anton: Did you receive your update today?

Thomas

\"Carolina\" said:

Thomas

Not Yet Thomas..but it will happen, was on the phone with them last night for a good while,and it is progressing :)

anton said:

Thomas

Not Yet Thomas..but it will happen, was on the phone with them last night for a good while,and it is progressing :)

Glad you finally got thru to them! I see coin star says he too experienced the GB issue also in 3 Tone. I am sure others too will experience the same as weather here in the US warms up where more can get out. I hope that Sven see's that there is an issue as he wrote a terrible article on how people don't read the manual and then want to blame the machine for not operating correctly. My dealer says he has figured out the GB issue but has not shared with me yet. I will let you know. Nokta told me the same as you that this is not a fault but we are engineering a new version software to fix this not a fault. I will say that they have been very responsive and have given this full attention so I feel confident we will have a new version soon. Dilek has been very helpful with me and I am sure the same for you. Continue to pm me with any updates and good luck to you.

Thomas

\"Carolina\" said:

Thomas

Glad you finally got thru to them! I see coin star says he too experienced the GB issue also in 3 Tone. I am sure others too will experience the same as weather here in the US warms up where more can get out. I hope that Sven see's that there is an issue as he wrote a terrible article on how people don't read the manual and then want to blame the machine for not operating correctly. My dealer says he has figured out the GB issue but has not shared with me yet. I will let you know. Nokta told me the same as you that this is not a fault but we are engineering a new version software to fix this not a fault. I will say that they have been very responsive and have given this full attention so I feel confident we will have a new version soon. Dilek has been very helpful with me and I am sure the same for you. Continue to pm me with any updates and good luck to you.

Thomas

will keep you up to date , Thomas :thumbup:

When I first got my MMK I was unable to GB in 3 tone only. I was able to ground balance in all other modes with ease. After trying for quite a while I was very upset and I was sure my unit was defective.
I went back and reread the manual to make sure I was doing it correctly and discovered that I was not bringing the coil close enough to the ground while pumping. I went back out and tried making sure to come within 1" of the ground and it worked.
And it has worked every time since. I thought I would share my experience just in case anyone else is making the same mistake I was.

Marty

Cal_Cobra said:
When I first got my MMK I was unable to GB in 3 tone only. I was able to ground balance in all other modes with ease. After trying for quite a while I was very upset and I was sure my unit was defective.
I went back and reread the manual to make sure I was doing it correctly and discovered that I was not bringing the coil close enough to the ground while pumping. I went back out and tried making sure to come within 1" of the ground and it worked.
And it has worked every time since. I thought I would share my experience just in case anyone else is making the same mistake I was.

Marty

Nice report, although most would be hard pressed to admit it, it might just be a case of RTFM :razz:

Marty: Thank you for your post I'm sure it will help some with the GB issue. Your post was also written in a thoughtful and helpful manor and I appreciate that. I hope soon Makro will send us in need the revision we have been promised so this issue can go away along with the haters. Thanks again for your help,

Carolina

Only spot I have found yet were the 3tone won't auto G/B is
a patch of super clean Florida dirt. It's so mild there I've seen
a few other machines not balance either.

When I was there I just set the iSat to 0 in 3tone and it
auto G/Bed first try. Might help what you are experiencing???

Electricfrontporch said:
Only spot I have found yet were the 3tone won't auto G/B is
a patch of super clean Florida dirt. It's so mild there I've seen
a few other machines not balance either.

When I was there I just set the iSat to 0 in 3tone and it
auto G/Bed first try. Might help what you are experiencing???

Electricfrontporch: Thanks for the idea. I'll give it a go. My SAT has been 01 thru my test.

Carolina