Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bummer!:ranting: My brand new MMK may be faullty :throw:

anton

first off, i,ll just say, i love the machine..it is finding targets well, but my last 2 hunts, i noticed something weird in Di3 mode..i seem to be having an intermittant(that i can repeat) auto ground balance problem..all my previous and current makro racer 2 and impact, when you hit the gb(auto) they ALL give me the first beep within 1- 2 or 3 pumps, without fail, on my new MMK, it does in the several modes ive tried too..EXCEPT di3, which (in 2 different, mild mineralized soil,ie, 2 schools) it GB'd properly on statup (settings di3,14khz, disc 15 ,gain (what ever,pretty stable at 93+) all other settings stock), so off i,d go searching,when i felt i should re GB, i hit the button and pump 12 or more pumps and still no "beep" i at first figured,maybe its the ground, and went on my way.. several times i retried and maybe once out of 5 it gave me an initial beep and then nothing (if youkeep pumping the impact etc, it will keep beeping)..at the second location, after turning on the machine at startup it GB'd as it should, then of i go again (in my di 3 pattern) again after a few minutes, i stopped over clean ground (like the first location,so i wasnt doing it over metal or whatever,before someone mentions it :)) and viola! same thing again i pumped about 14 times, and was starting to get annoyed, as this was easy ground..but here is what i did this time..in the exact same spot, once it went back into search mode, i flicked up to Di2 and pumped the coil over the same EXACT spot where i couldnt in di3..thing beeped after 2 pumps, and kept beeping and giving a gb value! same thing with Di4..flicked back to my Di 3 pattern and this time it gave me one beep after about 8 pumps then same o samo it did it agian :( ..As i said, i can repeat this,even did a factory reset and all is good on the initial GB, but hunt for a little bit, and Di3 does it again..unless this is a " feature" im pretty sure that not right..Anyone else have this weird issue??.. Tried to ring makro in Turkey to see if i could talk to someone, but from 3pm their time, the phone was engaged or off the hook :(.. my dealer i bought it off is over 5000KMS away,so before i send it back to him i want to sus makro out..ive heard all the stories about their good customer service,so if my machine,which i just spent $1100(Australian) is needing a look at, i hope they look after me fairly quick, coz it came straight out of the box this way..i got mine in the first official batches released here, i usually wait with new machines before jumping to make sure the little release bugs are corrected, but i had to have this, as i love my impact, i wanted waterproofing,so i jumped :)..this is the first detector ive bought new(over the years), that , if this is a fault,has happened to me :(

Anton: Is there no service center there? We only have one here in the US and they have a bad reputation for being slow. I have not tried ground balance in all the modes yet so I think I will to see MY outcome. Wish you luck.

Thomas

\"Carolina\" said:
Anton: Is there no service center there? We only have one here in the US and they have a bad reputation for being slow. I have not tried ground balance in all the modes yet so I think I will to see MY outcome. Wish you luck.

Thomas

Hi Thomas :)..no, i dont think we have a service centre here in australia, and just a couple of dealers..im 1000's of kilometers away from them..if there is a fault, and i have to post it back to my dealer at my cost, i would hope makro authorise an exchange immediately, as this thing brand new, and plonking a grand of my money, before they even arrived in the country..

well if you can, next time you have a chance, put her in di 3,disc 15,14khz gain 89 or above or whatever yours is stable at everything else stock.. as i said i can gb normally at start up, its just the next time a few mins or whatever i try to re balance, it happens, but try it a couple of times,at least..cheers my friend :)

Anton

EDIT...still not impressed with its volume levels without headphones,i can live with that,but this GB issue in di3 is driving me nuts,lol :)..maybe they might send me an update to fix it,lol, that would be awesome :)

I've only had a GB issue on my Impact, but that was at a site with mega alkaline soil, and even when it would do a ground grab it would do it around 19-20, so it was some nasty stuff and not the detectors fault IMO. Your issue sounds different, make sure your coil cover isn't full of dirt, and then I'd try doing a factory reset on the detector if you haven't already.

Cal_Cobra said:
I've only had a GB issue on my Impact, but that was at a site with mega alkaline soil, and even when it would do a ground grab it would do it around 19-20, so it was some nasty stuff and not the detectors fault IMO. Your issue sounds different, make sure your coil cover isn't full of dirt, and then I'd try doing a factory reset on the detector if you haven't already.

hi Cal :)..yes, the grounds i was hunting would grab at 48-60, so easy ground..not the coil cover, unfortunatelty,but all the other modes wouldnt grab if that was the case i,ll try one more test tomorrow, and then ive tried all i can do,and that is this, it happens on di 3 with the disc at 15, the other modes were stock, with disc at 3 or whatever, but i cant imagine why di3 will intermittantly not grab at a higher disc level..after that im stumped,the thing that worrys me is the comforting sound of the beep,as i mentioned on my impact and r2 always beep and grab after 2-3 pumps :(

I wonder what would happen if you ground balanced the first time and then activated "Ground Balance Tracking"?

There are a few blurbs in the Manual explaining conditions that will prevent GB.

One of them is having the iSAT set high.

anton said:
first off, i,ll just say, i love the machine..it is finding targets well, but my last 2 hunts, i noticed something weird in Di3 mode..i seem to be having an intermittant(that i can repeat) auto ground balance problem..all my previous and current makro racer 2 and impact, when you hit the gb(auto) they ALL give me the first beep within 1- 2 or 3 pumps, without fail, on my new MMK, it does in the several modes ive tried too..EXCEPT di3, which (in 2 different, mild mineralized soil,ie, 2 schools) it GB'd properly on statup (settings di3,14khz, disc 15 ,gain (what ever,pretty stable at 93+) all other settings stock), so off i,d go searching,when i felt i should re GB, i hit the button and pump 12 or more pumps and still no "beep" i at first figured,maybe its the ground, and went on my way.. several times i retried and maybe once out of 5 it gave me an initial beep and then nothing (if youkeep pumping the impact etc, it will keep beeping)..at the second location, after turning on the machine at startup it GB'd as it should, then of i go again (in my di 3 pattern) again after a few minutes, i stopped over clean ground (like the first location,so i wasnt doing it over metal or whatever,before someone mentions it :)) and viola! same thing again i pumped about 14 times, and was starting to get annoyed, as this was easy ground..but here is what i did this time..in the exact same spot, once it went back into search mode, i flicked up to Di2 and pumped the coil over the same EXACT spot where i couldnt in di3..thing beeped after 2 pumps, and kept beeping and giving a gb value! same thing with Di4..flicked back to my Di 3 pattern and this time it gave me one beep after about 8 pumps then same o samo it did it agian :( ..As i said, i can repeat this,even did a factory reset and all is good on the initial GB, but hunt for a little bit, and Di3 does it again..unless this is a " feature" im pretty sure that not right..Anyone else have this weird issue??.. Tried to ring makro in Turkey to see if i could talk to someone, but from 3pm their time, the phone was engaged or off the hook :(.. my dealer i bought it off is over 5000KMS away,so before i send it back to him i want to sus makro out..ive heard all the stories about their good customer service,so if my machine,which i just spent $1100(Australian) is needing a look at, i hope they look after me fairly quick, coz it came straight out of the box this way..i got mine in the first official batches released here, i usually wait with new machines before jumping to make sure the little release bugs are corrected, but i had to have this, as i love my impact, i wanted waterproofing,so i jumped :)..this is the first detector ive bought new(over the years), that , if this is a fault,has happened to me :(

Hello there...I am attending a trade show in germany but please contact me vie email at dilek@noktadetectors.com and I will sort this out ...please give me some time though until I go back to the office....and please do not worry...I don't think there is an issue but if there is we will resolve it..

Dilek

Anton, I also thought I might be having ground balancing issues too. I could not get it to balance after the first initial GB:rage:. Even went to salt water beach and couldn't get it to balance on the dry white beach sand in beach mode. When I got it down to the wet salt sand, and it started really getting static, it balanced perfectly (GB-00) Got out of water and went to balance over dry beach sand and pumped till my arm gave out with no beep... After reading your post, I went out to the yard and found a spot free of metal (I think I'm living at a old dump site. a lot of IRON); Ground balanced at around 70; then at the same spot I re-ground balanced at every program and the only one that wouldn't GB is the 3 Mode. Maybe we can get someone else to verify it with their Makro and see if they have the same results with 3-Mode..... If its a flaw, maybe an update will fix it.... Oh yea and I LOVE my MULTI KRUZER:super:

I do not like the sound of this. Will give mine a go tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Carolina

Okay, Just went outside again and started in 3 Mode and could not get it to balance. Then went in to every other mode and had no problem balancing in every other mode. The beach incident stumps me:confused:. I attempted the GB over dry sand and could not get it. The detector wasn't crackling that bad. Took it down to the wet sand, where it really started to chatter, and it balanced the first pump. Waded out to waist deep, and she was as quiet as a mouse. I even took coins out of my pocket and threw into the water to make sure it was detecting. Came out and detected on dry land for a bit, still smooth. Tried to do another ground balance and it just wouldn't do it.... It was my first trip to the beach, maybe I did something wrong, I'll try again this weekend. As I find myself using the detector more and more; the more I'm understanding it and I got to say... I Really Like It!!!

Let us know what you find out..

c4teeter said:
Anton, I also thought I might be having ground balancing issues too. I could not get it to balance after the first initial GB:rage:. Even went to salt water beach and couldn't get it to balance on the dry white beach sand in beach mode. When I got it down to the wet salt sand, and it started really getting static, it balanced perfectly (GB-00) Got out of water and went to balance over dry beach sand and pumped till my arm gave out with no beep... After reading your post, I went out to the yard and found a spot free of metal (I think I'm living at a old dump site. a lot of IRON); Ground balanced at around 70; then at the same spot I re-ground balanced at every program and the only one that wouldn't GB is the 3 Mode. Maybe we can get someone else to verify it with their Makro and see if they have the same results with 3-Mode..... If its a flaw, maybe an update will fix it.... Oh yea and I LOVE my MULTI KRUZER:super:

Oh, so i may not be the only one :(.. look, i love this kruzer! i hope an update or whatever fixes this anominally.. it is only in di3..everywhere else GB's first time every time.. i dont usually GB too often when im hunting after the initial one, i just caught this, because i was hunting at night , and i thought i,d better gb again,and it happened :(..to all people who try it and it GB's first time and you think, what i am on about, read my post thoroughly..i can gb first time every time,10 times or probably more:)..it's after you been hunting a bit and re GB in Di3 that my (and it sounds like c4teeter's symptoms rear its ugly head..now like i said, most people may not (if they have similar symptoms), notice it, coz they just balance at the start of the hunt,where it will gb first time..Definitly correct in seeing if other users can repeat this, we may not be the only ones this "issue" affects..

c4teeter said:
Okay, Just went outside again and started in 3 Mode and could not get it to balance. Then went in to every other mode and had no problem balancing in every other mode. The beach incident stumps me:confused:. I attempted the GB over dry sand and could not get it. The detector wasn't crackling that bad. Took it down to the wet sand, where it really started to chatter, and it balanced the first pump. Waded out to waist deep, and she was as quiet as a mouse. I even took coins out of my pocket and threw into the water to make sure it was detecting. Came out and detected on dry land for a bit, still smooth. Tried to do another ground balance and it just wouldn't do it.... It was my first trip to the beach, maybe I did something wrong, I'll try again this weekend. As I find myself using the detector more and more; the more I'm understanding it and I got to say... I Really Like It!!!

Welcome to my world :surprised: ..yeah, tries mine on the dry sand as well..same result in Di3...:surrender:

first hunt i was hunting at 50 gain in di3..was only after shallow ones and wanted a 'smooth' ride, so to speak :).. so i dont think the issue is gain or sensitivity related.. or coil related, else it would happen in the other modes...

I just went out and I have the same issue. Will not GB in disc. 3. I tried gain 80 and gain 92 both sides of 89 and nothing but a sore arm!!! GB in all other modes is fine. Houston we have a problem!!! Dilek please contact me. I have a GOLD Cruzer on order, maybe should cancel. No need to ship another machine with issues.

Carolina

Hi All
The manual says if you have trouble Ground Balancing, Do the ground Balance in Beach mode and then return to the mode you want to hunt in.
Quote from Manual
Kruzer is designed to allow for automatic ground balancing conveniently on any type of ground. Therefore, it is recommended to perform automatic ground balance upon start up. However, the ground may not be suitable for automatic ground balancing in some cases and the device cannot ground balance on such grounds (Except for the BEACH mode). For instance, wet beach sand, soils containing alkali or salty water, trashy sites, plowed fields, highly mineralized grounds and grounds with very low mineralization are not suitable for automatic ground balance. In such terrains, you can auto ground balance in the BEACH mode and then switch to other modes or try manual ground balancing. However, manual ground balance requires a skill which develops over time through practice.

I have no answer for why it will ground balance in 2 or 4 tone.

Just stating that the Auto balance in 3 Tone is not the only way to ground Balance.

I do not think this has to do with my issue. Why can I GB in all modes but 3 Tone? There is something going on here. And why would this same scenario play out with different machines on different soils and different people?

Thanks for posting the quote.
Carolina

Just a wild guess but tone 3 seems to be that special "hot" mode if sensitivity is 89 or less maybe that has to do with it. If you can balance in all other modes I would just do that and then switch it and not sweat it. It's easy enough to do.