Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bummer!:ranting: My brand new MMK may be faullty :throw:

Kapok said:
Kajunman.

Keep in mind that Ground Balance is done in GEN Mode always. I see what you mean, I think. The manual states:
"When the GB button is pushed while performing automatic or manual ground balance, the device will switch to the General Search (GEN) mode automatically on the background without any indication to the user, regardless of the selected search mode." Hmm... I wonder if, in 3 tones, the detector isn't making this automatic mode switch.

Kapok: I think this is a very good thought. May in fact be the answer I'm looking for. Thanks

That's what we Love about Nokta/Makro; They are listening to the consumer... Thank You. :jump:

c4teeter said:
That's what we Love about Nokta/Makro; They are listening to the consumer... Thank You. :jump:

I hope Makro's first update on the Multi Kruzer will be a 40khz addition to the three it already has. If three frequencies is all that can be programmed into the M Kruzer I would trade off the 19 for 40.

kajunman said:

I hope Makro's first update on the Multi Kruzer will be a 40khz addition to the three it already has. If three frequencies is all that can be programmed into the M Kruzer I would trade off the 19 for 40.

thats why they have the gold Kruzer :)

anton said:

The Gold Kruzer operates at 61 kHz. Don't think I need that much. I've never had a detector with update capability so I'm intrigued by what Makro can do with these detectors in regards to updates.

kajunman said:

The Gold Kruzer operates at 61 kHz. Don't think I need that much. I've never had a detector with update capability so I'm intrigued by what Makro can do with these detectors in regards to updates.

Well, if they could fix my GB issue, give me more in ground depth, and raise the threshold volume a bit, I certainly would love to see a clock. Think I'm asking to much though.

Been following this thread. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything during my field testing, so today I decided to do several 3-TONE GB tests.

Basically I left the MK at my back door, and each and every time I went outside (around 20 times) , I grabbed the MK, fired it up, switched to 3-TONE mode and did a GB. It worked each time.

I do not know how to check the firmware rev on the MK, but if I was a betting man, I'll be there was a final firmware tweak on the production units and it introduced a bug, and would be interested to check my test unit code vs the production units.

The great thing about the good folks at Makro/Nokta, and their Racers, Impact and Kruzers is that their firmware is field upgradable. Unlike some other companies that have software upgradable detectors, that never actually release field upgrades, Makro/Nokta does if the user community finds a bug. Not only that, but the upgrade is easy as pie.

I know it sucks to hit a bug right out of the gate, but the good thing is there's easy work-a-rounds by doing a GB in other search modes until Makro investigates the issue and provides a solution. They have the best customer support of ANY detecting company I've every been a customer of, so rest assured they will take care of you.

See below for obtaining Software Version

System Version Information: To see the software version of the Kruzer's system card and LCD, while the device is OFF, press the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons simultaneously and turn the unit on. Continue to hold the buttons depressed until you can read the software version. The major version will be shown in the Target ID section and the minor version in the GB window.

My Production Unit said Version 1.1

I was out yesterday and tested the Ground Balance in 3 tone at start up and 3 x's during the hunting to re- ground balance as a test.
I did not have a problem. it worked each time.

This is a fascinating thread to read.

This machine could well be the one to shake up the Equinox folks.

I already own what I consider one of the best all round detectors in the world, but just for devilment might purchase a Kruzer.

There are no pockets in shrouds.;)

Happy Hunting,

Jerry."Octogenarian".

Coin Rescue Inc said:

System Version Information: To see the software version of the Kruzer's system card and LCD, while the device is OFF, press the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons simultaneously and turn the unit on. Continue to hold the buttons depressed until you can read the software version. The major version will be shown in the Target ID section and the minor version in the GB window.

I was out yesterday and tested the Ground Balance in 3 tone at start up and 3 x's during the hunting to re- ground balance as a test.

Thanks. Checked mine and it's version 1.0.

Cal_Cobra said:

Thanks. Checked mine and it's version 1.0.

My faulty machine says major version 01 minor version says 00 to start with then changes to 01.

Mine did the same - it took a few seconds for the second number to change from 00 to 01.
So we are the same in that regard.
Hope you get answers soon.

Hello guys... I am back from Germany IWA trade show... now, talking to me engineers the auto GB may not work in the 3-tone sometimes but this is NOT a fault...it is the was it was designed... one can easily GB it in another mode and then switch it to 3-tone... however, it seems like this bothered some users so we will release an update for this very soon... we would like to send the update to customers first who have an issue and get confirmation that it is OK now (because we cannot duplicate it here due to our ground).

Anton, I believe you are the best person to try this out because you started the threat.
I will be in touch with you later today or tomorow and send you the update file.

PS. WE HAVE NOT SHIPPED ANY DIFFERENT VERSIONS IN PRODUCTION.
ONLY TESTERS HAVE THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE PRODUCT.
Regards,

Dilek

Nokta Detectors said:
Hello guys... I am back from Germany IWA trade show... now, talking to me engineers the auto GB may not work in the 3-tone sometimes but this is NOT a fault...it is the was it was designed... one can easily GB it in another mode and then switch it to 3-tone... however, it seems like this bothered some users so we will release an update for this very soon... we would like to send the update to customers first who have an issue and get confirmation that it is OK now (because we cannot duplicate it here due to our ground).

Anton, I believe you are the best person to try this out because you started the threat.
I will be in touch with you later today or tomorow and send you the update file.

Regards,

Dilek

Just realized I made some spelling mistakes - normally I check everything very carefully but I was in a rush writing this and cannot edit it.
I apologize
me=my
was=way
threat=thread

Anton and Carolina. Check out this video. This is Keith Southern who is a well known and respected detectorist using the Multi Kruzer. Notice he only ground balances when changing frequencies, not when changing tone mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyLA-Iw9Ako

Also notice the signal difference in the different frequencies regarding tone mode. Hope this helps.

Nokta Detectors said:

Regards,

Dilek

Dilek: Ground does not seem to play a part in my GB issue. White sand low mineralized sand and different soils showing no mineralization do the same thing. It is as if in 3 Tone, the machine is not shifting to GEN to GB. I also have a issue with spkr/ volume. There is no way you could use my machine without headphones even on 10. Response on 2 is very loud however. Finally, why would Makro send out three different soft ware versions? Mine is major 01 minor 00 then shifts to 01. Others on this forum say they have version 1.0 and others 1.1. This in it's self is troublesome. I have sent this question to your personal email but I guess you have not had time to respond.

Thanks
Carolina

My version is 1.0 major and minor. Maybe this is correctable by updating. I've only tested my machine in my yard. I haven't hunted with it yet because I want to see how all of this works out regarding version 1.0 and 1.1. Is there a discernable difference between the two ? Meanwhile I will wait before hunting with it.

Nokta Detectors said:

Regards,

Dilek

Awesome dilek:)..yeah, i,ll be the guinea pig to try a patch:)..just drop me a line, i think you got an email from me regarding my other couple of issues, thanks for getting back,and hope you had a good Trade show...cheers ,Anthony (anton)