Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Buying a new truck

fuel injection.
took it for a nice long ride yesterday, on way home decided to take a different route so i could pull a five mile 8% grade just to see how it acted. temp did not move any, and it flew up the mountain
Sounds like you got a good one.
How'd the oil look ? Any grit ?

fuel injection.
took it for a nice long ride yesterday, on way home decided to take a different route so i could pull a five mile 8% grade just to see how it acted. temp did not move any, and it flew up the mountain
Having bought it used may I suggest one step of protection. Put a quality thermostat in.
I can't tell you how many times I've picked up a used vehicle to have it overheat not many months later. Doubt it's been replaced in many years.

oil looked fine, will be changing by the weekend, 4x4 works good, have to use it twice a week.
time to get rid of the ranger now

The worst problem with old vehicles is over heating . They had cast iron blocks and eventually need to be boiled to get the shit out. Kinda like we are when you get a stint to keep the circulation going . We all plug no matter what precautions are done..