Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Buying a new truck

my employer has a 2000 f-250 with 5.4 that hasn't been driven in 3 years. He tagged it the other day and i kinda took it over. Its a pretty nice truck
I've got an '06 250 , I use mostly for work,, it has the 5.4 as well ,, I've got 322,000 on it now ,, and it runs smooth . But as soon as I can , I'm gonna do the timing chain , lifters and followers on it as well ,, probably get the valves repeated while I'm at it.

so i was listening to the radio about 12:30 this afternoon, and i heard the swap shop which is local advertising. My eyes were shut as i was meditating about being on a beach with the detectors and i heard about an 89 F-150 I6 5 speed manual for 4500, with only 94k on it. I called the guy, and now i'm $3900 poorer than i was when i left this morning. Now to sell the ranger, and spray the heck underneath with fluid film. Very little rust on this truck

so i was listening to the radio about 12:30 this afternoon, and i heard the swap shop which is local advertising. My eyes were shut as i was meditating about being on a beach with the detectors and i heard about an 89 F-150 I6 5 speed manual for 4500, with only 94k on it. I called the guy, and now i'm $3900 poorer than i was when i left this morning. Now to sell the ranger, and spray the heck underneath with fluid film. Very little rust on this truck
Oh man you lucky stiff.
Good thing you weren't digging a big gold ring in your sleep. 😄
I'm expecting some nice pics.

I wish you the best. I had the same truck but a 91. Biggest pos I ever owned. I bought it new and had something like 30 things go wrong in 2 years. The engine is tried and true and it handled ok but the rest was junk. Tires, rotors, abs, lights, radio, speedo, alt, starter, shifter, slave cyl, ball joints, bearings.... The end was when the rear brake line blew and the pedal went to the floor, pumped but truck didn't slow in time. My bro and a friend had poor luck with theirs. Sorry I don't mean to rain on your parade, maybe we all had bad luck and yours will last a lifetime. 👍 Tips: If it has the Mazda 5sp then drain the clutch fluid and replace with silicone. Best to do that with all cylinders. Oh and go buy a fuel relay so you don't get stranded. They went bad so often the Ford dealer kept a box under the counter. All I'd have to say was "I have a 91 f150." and he reach down and grab one.

I'd love to find a nice 97 Z71 350 Vortec 4×4 5 speed manual like I had. Loved that truck. Pull anything I hooked up to it. Had the posi rear and put a click locker in the front. I'd drive that oll beast out back on logging trails made by bulldozer's. Picking up bundles of slab wood . Never got stuck. Though I did scratch and crawl out of a few of the really muddy one's. Youngest son destroyed it. 😒

I'd love to find the late 70's 3/4 ton in diesel.
Friend had one. What a beast.

Attachments

• 71640551389__DE76B2D9-32E6-4A0F-9F3A-1A297391B64A.jpeg
    71640551389__DE76B2D9-32E6-4A0F-9F3A-1A297391B64A.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 61
  • 71640553979__ED105B98-7AC1-4588-999B-76F2868524E2.jpeg
    71640553979__ED105B98-7AC1-4588-999B-76F2868524E2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 62
  • 71640555970__8B92F2EE-D5B4-45B8-AEC3-C79BA9F36357.jpeg
    71640555970__8B92F2EE-D5B4-45B8-AEC3-C79BA9F36357.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 57
I wish you the best. I had the same truck but a 91. Biggest pos I ever owned. I bought it new and had something like 30 things go wrong in 2 years. The engine is tried and true and it handled ok but the rest was junk. Tires, rotors, abs, lights, radio, speedo, alt, starter, shifter, slave cyl, ball joints, bearings.... The end was when the rear brake line blew and the pedal went to the floor, pumped but truck didn't slow in time. My bro and a friend had poor luck with theirs. Sorry I don't mean to rain on your parade, maybe we all had bad luck and yours will last a lifetime. 👍 Tips: If it has the Mazda 5sp then drain the clutch fluid and replace with silicone. Best to do that with all cylinders. Oh and go buy a fuel relay so you don't get stranded. They went bad so often the Ford dealer kept a box under the counter. All I'd have to say was "I have a 91 f150." and he reach down and grab one.
I had a 91 f 150 , 5.0 4x4 ,, got it with about 85,000 miles on it ,, got a little over 200,000 before I parked ,, never had a problem with it .

I put a quart of atf and ran the snot out of it for two weeks. Had clutch done, it ran great, plenty of power. Tomorrow the oil gets changed