Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Buying a new truck

Ronstar, Congrat's to you on the new Dodge Ram. The only thing that keeps me from getting a new truck is that I'd have to sell our house and live in it full time. I reckon I'll just continue driving my 2007 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew Cab, 5.4 Litre V-8 engine. It has just over 87,000 original miles.

I was getting a oil change the other day on my Edge and took a walk along new car and truck row. I'll probably be driving the Edge a little longer then I used to. Our youngest son has a F 150, V8, with 227,000 miles on it and still purring along. He, though, is keeping his eyes open for a replacement. HH jim tn

I hear ya about mortgage payments….. I’ve had to postpone getting a “my truck” for almost 30+ years. Kids are doing well, health is good, so finally a ride we are comfortable in and able to pull the 26’ travel trailer farther and easier.
Last vehicle I’ll probably buy other than when we are old and Subaru worthy. 😂😂

Truck arrived at dealer lot 7 miles away! Parts for the recall problem also arrived so hopefully in the drivers seat soon!

Attachments

• 525E6233-9926-43CB-BC5F-D48FBD9E6DDD.jpeg
    525E6233-9926-43CB-BC5F-D48FBD9E6DDD.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 88
What's fluid film.
Recently picked up a 99.
Though up here in Ohio rust belt.
I have to patch up the frame. And replace some panels.
Never heard of the fluid film either . You could also make a 50/50 mix of burnt motor oil and diesel fuel and spray it on your frame ,, maybe even heavier on the oil couldnt hurt either. I also do this on my wood trailer bed to repel moisture .

Ronstar, Congrat's to you on the new Dodge Ram. The only thing that keeps me from getting a new truck is that I'd have to sell our house and live in it full time. I reckon I'll just continue driving my 2007 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew Cab, 5.4 Litre V-8 engine. It has just over 87,000 original miles.
I've got an 06 F250 5.4 with 318,000 miles ,, still running smooth ,, but am going to put in new cam chains, tensioners and get the heads ground and reseated with new lifter followers this summer ,, I hope .

Also have a few other fords still kicking and a 2010 F150 Platinum with 180,000 that I'm doing the cam and head work on now ,, will finish it when I get home from this out of town work .

I was getting a oil change the other day on my Edge and took a walk along new car and truck row. I'll probably be driving the Edge a little longer then I used to. Our youngest son has a F 150, V8, with 227,000 miles on it and still purring along. He, though, is keeping his eyes open for a replacement. HH jim tn
Have you seen where Toyota is to be supposedly releasing this year, a new compact Toyota truck? From what I have seen it comes with either a 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder engine and is supposed to get around 40 miles to the gallon, and priced from the mid $ 20's to around $ 40,000.00 depending on options. I like the mid $ 20's personally. If this is true, Toyota will sell a ton of them. They are aiming for those that still want a truck, but not a full size truck. The compact truck just might be making a comeback. I believe they are calling this new compact truck the Toyota "Stout". For now anyways. Toyota claims that this will be the Killer of the Ford Maverick truck.

Last edited:
Ford Maverick was a car if I remember right, have been seeing a lot of the new Ford Rangers around here tho……
I just cant stomach electric anything, will bet you wont see any in a week long hunting camp with with snow on the ground and 15-20 miles up to where the elk are….

Last edited:
Ford Maverick was a car if I remember right, have been seeing a lot of the new Ford Rangers around here tho……
I just cant stomach electric anything, will bet you wont see any in a week long hunting camp with with snow on the ground and 15-20 miles up to where the elk are….
The cart is way before the horse on electric vehicles. Grid cannot support it. My friends son works for dominion in va and said most subdivisions can only support a dozen cars being charged at once since it take 14 hours plus to charge a vehicle at 220 volts . The design was for a dryer to run an hour four times a week for an hour and your hot water heater when you shower and do laundry. Most folks have 4/0 wire feeding there house with a 200 amp service panel. If everyone charges at the same time there is not enough to support the draw.

The cart is way before the horse on electric vehicles. Grid cannot support it. My friends son works for dominion in va and said most subdivisions can only support a dozen cars being charged at once since it take 14 hours plus to charge a vehicle at 220 volts . The design was for a dryer to run an hour four times a week for an hour and your hot water heater when you shower and do laundry. Most folks have 4/0 wire feeding there house with a 200 amp service panel. If everyone charges at the same time there is not enough to support the draw.
Eggzakly

Never heard of the fluid film either . You could also make a 50/50 mix of burnt motor oil and diesel fuel and spray it on your frame ,, maybe even heavier on the oil couldnt hurt either. I also do this on my wood trailer bed to repel moisture .
I was curious about the film.
Though I use a mix of Tara, grease,old oil and a penetrating fluid heated on an old hot plate.
Then I brush it on or use an old undercoating spray gun.

You are correct. My cousin had a 1972 yellow and black Ford Maverick. He had a Dodge Dart 340, but he chalked up too many tickets, so he traded the Dart 340 for the V6 Ford Maverick.

It simply will Not Work. But just try to convince Mayor Pete and the Liberal Horde of this. I believe they know it as well as anyone in their Right Mind, they just Will Not admit it. Key Words here would be "Right Mind"!

Nice looking truck. Here's to many miles on her.
Harbor Freight has 2 different transmission jacks. I used one on my daughters Jeep to change the clutch. Bit of a pain, had to drop exhaust cross pipe and cross member of the frame. Only took 2 days for the entire job. Clutch and plate was maybe $125.
Glad to here you got it done good for you.

I try to do most stuff butt and I may say butt I am 59 and don't want to lay on my back and rip out the transfer cace and transmission to repacle a clutch. Too old . I sold mine to a younger more feeble individual. I just bought a tacoma 2023 nice ride very expensive . My baby shitzu likes it she told me the air is alot better than the limping 1991 so I did it for her and myself. Will pull my boat better 116 hp compared to 278. It was a move that needed to be done. Enjoy life it is so short.