Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

C T X 3 0 3 0, means what???

jas415

Yeah, I am aware it means a great machine but does anyone know exactly what the CTX and 30 30 refers to. Like how Minelab arrived at that for a name?

30 30 is the caliber of the detector.
Look for the CTX .223 and the 30-06 coming this spring.

Unfortunately nobody knows what the CTX means, not even Mine lab.

Although this may sound boring, there really is no meaning to the name. Minelab was just following logic to their GPX 5000.
But for the future, how about Coin & Treasure with X marking the spot.

I remember someone said it could be coin treasure exchange.... Best I heard..

Ok, I sort of figured that but another question, why is there a volume gain? I understand it is for the 'deep' weak signals, well, doesnt everyone want to hear the deep signals? Why not just program it to do that?

The volume gain is how you program it to what you want. Softer deep target response or the same volume as a surface target. I prefer the softer deep response myself.

Ok Larry, not trying to get in any whizzing contest, but maybe I have misunderstood the reason for the control. I was under the impression you turned it up (to say 30?) to be able to hear the deep weak signals and if it was say, 20, you might not hear them. So, turn it to 30 and you will hear them. Is that accurate?

No, you don't lose the deeper signal, it just makes it softer so you can tell audibly if you have a deeper target.

Larry is correct, but, depending on your hearing and the soil content, you can miss those deep targets if your gain is not high enough. Even with my gain set to 30, deep targets say in the 11-12 inch range sound soft and faint. So, you have a few answers. The best thing I couls suggest to use is run the gain all the way to 30, if and when you get a target of 10 inches or more, lower the gain to 20 to see if you can still hear it. Then you decide what works best for you.

Ok, guys, thanks. I run it at 30 all the time anyway. But, I hunt really trash infested places, lots of iron nails, etc., and I rarely get a target deeper than 8-9 inches with the small coil. Thanks again for the information!

:beers: