Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Comments regarding "Waterproof" to 10 feet

coinnut said:
Thanks for the info. That would not be any good for anyone doing a lot of beach water hunting. I guess it was never meant to replace a water machine but is just what I need hunting in the rain. Not to mention, for once in my life, my machine will have a bath after each relic hunt :clapping:

Think this detector will be fine for water hunting while wadding. If not they have a serious problem. I wade with my AT pro all the time works fine. Have used it in the ocean too. Only thing on this one that concerns me are the head phones sure they have a pair of waterproof wired headphone if not it will be usless in the water.

Jason

This may ruffle a few feathers, but I think Minelabs testing on the CTX is more extensive in regards to waterproof testing than Garrett's was on the AT Pro. I think Garrett tested theirs in a tank/placid water (my opinion only). Since weight does not seem to be a critical issue with the CTX, I think heavier seals will be used. And hopefully, Minelab is aware of the black eye Garrett received with their initial AT Pro's in regards to their 'waterproof' to 10 feet' marketing, and will not repeat that mistake.

TerraDigger said:
This may ruffle a few feathers, but I think Minelabs testing on the CTX is more extensive in regards to waterproof testing than Garrett's was on the AT Pro. I think Garrett tested theirs in a tank/placid water (my opinion only). Since weight does not seem to be a critical issue with the CTX, I think heavier seals will be used. And hopefully, Minelab is aware of the black eye Garrett received with their initial AT Pro's in regards to their 'waterproof' to 10 feet' marketing, and will not repeat that mistake.

Would say it is waterproof to 10 feet just like the AT pro is. I have heard of a AT pro or two leaking the first ones out. Mine never has. But my buddies did get moisture behind the screen. Sent it back and had a new detector in less than a week think it was 5 days. If minelab had customer service like that it would be awesome. I don't think there will be a problem with leakers but time will tell. If there is how it is handled is what will matter.

Jason

Terra----I'm sure Minelab is very well aware of that and will not repeat that "mistake".-----In fact, I don't think there would be a leak issue (with Minelab) even if Garrett hadn't went thru that---Minelab quality. :thumbup:
TerraDigger said: