Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030.....A glaring problem....

metalpopper

MINELABS.. anti-glare petition
Posted by: metalpopper

I completely agree with the unacceptable 'can't read the screen' problem.

So let's start a petition here on this forum requesting a

public reply from MINELAB; a statement of intent, to please
address this 'glaring dilemma' on their flagship detector.

Will FINDMALL.COM help, by facilitating such a petition

in a form that registered member may 'sign'?

*****************************​

As an interim measure, may I suggest a software up-grade?

A selectable 'audio mode' whereby one may

activate an audio report of the essential data, upon

halting your target interrogation-sweep....or ????

matt.

Can you clarify a bit more? Are you wanting ML to tone down the sun? Change the solar spectrum? Change the optical properties of screens?
You are aware that if you chose the last one and it was possible, you'd have to send your CTX to KC and wait godknowshowlong to get it back.......

Why back in MY day there was no such thing as a screen on a detector! Be happy you have one!

serveimage

Buy a polarized protective screen for your CTX. <$10.

I don't understand why people have such an issue with the screen. It's not a big deal for me to turn the detector a tiny bit if I need to see the screen better.

Your choice is all that matters, but the fact is, the CTX is such a technically fab unit,

that in this day and age of electronic display development, it should not beyond the

boffins at Minelab, to source a better display.....IT DOESN'T have to be colored.

The present symbols are sufficient to show accepted and rejected targets.

No need for 'black' reject areas,,,,simple domain squares, etc. ????

Anyway....thanks for your opinions...comforting for Minelab...

"I don't think CHAMP's bothered either....(love that dog).....matt

[attachment 342145 champ.

I too don't see the big deal, your never going to eliminate it all.
It depends where the sun is and you travel direction.
I just work around it and learn the sounds ;-)
BT

Sunglasses help but most of the time you don't need to see the numbers anyway. Learn the sounds and it's not an issue.

The protective pod cover with visor helps me a lot....they're on eBay or elsewhere. I'm not sure if the lighting intensity can be changed via a software change,or the screen can be updated so that the Contrast is more pronounced,it'd be interesting to hear how all that is set up. What I do is generally circle a target as I'm sweeping to analyze the signal and somewhere in my rotation I get a good look at things depending on the angle of the sun, such as depth and numbers and what the TT is doing. I agree,it could be better. But because the machine is so good in so many other aspects it's not a deal breaker by any means. I'd still like to know if Minelab has the ability to make it better though. Screens have been a point of contention of other machines as well...my older Whites is a bit hard to see, and I have good vision.

It would be cool if it would output data out In a Bluetooth stream that a receiver circuit could then process as desired.

Don't have a problem here either, cant see what Minelab can do anyway.

bklein said:
It would be cool if it would output data out In a Bluetooth stream that a receiver circuit could then process as desired.

*************************************​

A pleasure to meet 'a positive thinker'......."Hello bk"

Has not the CTX already got the 'seeds' of the basics built in........????...
Let's imagine you've 'knocked-up' a RASPBERRY thingy-m-jig, and mounted it on the stem below the CTX's control box.
The PIE then non-invasively monitors the CTX's data bus;.... extracting / decoding such appropriate data as your pre-conceived programming defines.
So off we go detector walking...Our Pie acquiring a histogram of target data which meets a ‘defined programmed consistency’, together with ’Sat-fixes, elapsed time, and heading/bearing etc
After you’ve done the survey walk. Time to sit in your truck and let EXCEL plot and report....
Your tablet or whatever, produces the field map with colour coded markers,... and location....
Mouse over those of interest...... Hey presto! A pop-up diagnostic listing of interpretive, correlated
possibilities....(.from a data-base that you and others have constructed, base on detected item, from previously recorded ‘in-soil’ finds, dug and identified.)
Suppose you viewed your data at your leisure, and ‘quarantined that which you decided was not of sufficient ‘substance’ (yet, for you may wish to re-evaluate it later. (Archive/Store every outing)
So now you have a ‘listed plan’ for your return visit.
Returning to the site, you re-establish yourself according to the prior mapping, and off you go.
Pipe dream?????....
As they say in the song; “If you never have a dream, then you’ll never have a dream come true”
Thanks for the ‘dream-time’ Bk....matt,

I don't have this problem with my Excal. However, I do on my CTX. I paid double extra for a fancy no glare screen protector that sucked and I tore it off and tossed it. Part of my problem are the photogray lenses in my glasses.
Sometimes when the wind is screaming and sand is blowing and the water is freezing and I can only see the screen when the sun is at my back I ALMOST would rather have gone in to work. Sigh.

Yes, a problem. I just run my search patterns at a different angle. But would be nice to get fixed.

I think it must be that the angle of the sun is different down under where the CTX is designed. :lol:

Andy, if that were the case turning it upside down should fix it.

pasttom said:

Oh I like that idea. Simply swivel the coil rod 180 degrees and the perceived Sun problem is fixed. And the glorious thing is that this will work on ALL detectors! Even ones without a screen. :clapping:

pasttom said:

How about doing a FRED ASTAIRE, and mounting a small brolly on the shaft?

"Swinging in the rain"

"Just swinging in the rain"

Hey! PT

You're bad for me.

Your jesting is infecting, and could get me banned!......matt

p.s........I luv my Minelab.

I just use a piece of anti glare film over the screen, problem solved, another solution would be to just complain.

Pardoe said:
I just use a piece of anti glare film over the screen, problem solved, another solution would be to just complain.

Could you please share with us what you use for an anti glare film and where you got it?

I bought the highly rated DayVue protector made for the CTX and it worked not, but again I may have sabotaged it with my photo-gray glasses.
Sorry if I got anyone in trouble with my sense of humor. Usually I am alone in the dog house.