Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 Carry Bag

pspr

I asked Minelab about a carrying bag for the CTX 3030 and they suggested the padded Treasure Wise bag that is carried by most of the dealers advertising here on the forum.

I carry the CTX 3030 in my blue/red padded Minelab bag all the time. Fits, zips..... no problem. HH Randy

[attachment 235917 openbagwithctx.JPG] [attachment 235918 closedbagwithctx.JPG]

Yep, my minelab bags work just fine too.

BCOOP

n/t

They gave me money instead! I'll pick one up this fall when everyone starts selling their metal detecting equipment for the winter.

Thats good to know incase I purchase one. That is one more concern checked off my list. I was under the assumptoin that it was too tall to be zipped into the bag as it is taller than the E-trac. I guess I heard wrong.

That vinyl bag is a collectors item. :yikes: I think I still have one of those vinyl bags somewhere in the closet. But it ain't seen the light of day for over a decade. I don't know when they stopped making them, but I got one of the cordura MInelab bag when I bought an Advantage nearly 10 years ago. HH Randy

Still a good detector for broken ground.

[attachment 235948 sterlingpix2.jpg]

I like that bag. I actually bought it for my Minelab Explorer XS. It fit but it was a tight squeeze.

jtalley007 said:
They may work for a micro tesoro but that is about it.

The first one I seen was a red bag, then they went to the black bag we see in the pictures above for all the Minelab other than the big gold detectors, but you had to put them in just right for them to fit and zip up. Then came the Cordoba bags that had more room for the coil as it was bigger on one end and think they were black and red and now they are black and red. The newer one fit my Explorers and the E-Trac but I have to compact the shaft and I know with some coils I had to slide them out and turn them 90 degrees. I haven't tried the CXT yet, but feel it should fit with no problem, but you will have to slide the coil in the shaft a bit.

Yes, the ML bag will work and the secret it is to do it just like Randy shows. I like to have the coil vertical though and for me to do it that way, the battery has to be off to fit in the ML bag. My solution is to use a White's bag, plenty of storage space in the pouch and the CTX fits great.

Yea, Yea, you might take some ribbing from your friends, but wait until you pull that .44 Mag. out.................go ahead, make my day............:biggrin:

I rounded up a few of my detector bags and snapped a couple pictures. As you can see, I even found one of my old vinyl Minelab bags! The cordura style Minelab bag is the longest of them all by several inches. The White's bag is as tall, just not as long. The primary difference is as Larry says..... the coil must be rotated 90 degrees to fit into the White's bag. On the Minelab bag, I just loosen the locking collar to shorten the shaft a little bit, and slip it in with the coil in it's "working" position. Both bags still have plenty of room for headphones or other gear. HH Randy

[attachment 235964 bagsizes.JPG] [attachment 235963 ctxonbagwithcomparisons.JPG]

n/t

Those are Neoprene arm rest covers. I've been using them on all my detectors for years. When I browse some of the dealer's sites, I see them sold on the Sovereign and Gold detectors. You might contact your dealer to see if he has them, or can get them as an accessory item. I've not bought any for several years, as they last a long time. But when I got the last batch, they were around $10 each. They are well worth the investment!!! HH Randy

[attachment 235965 DSCF1279.jpg] [attachment 235966 my3X-terras.jpg]