Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 Goes Deep :surprised:

Ok guys i went detecting yesterday at school behind my house, this place was pounded over the years i mean really pounded, there's been numerous detectors over this field even club hunts.
Iv'e been over this field with the etrac and other detectors i did find silver but it stopped producing so i stopped detecting there we would try and try and nothing no good target "silver or wheat's" just clad so
i'v had the ctx 3030 for a while and thought lets give it a try at this school field i went to the same spot where i detected with other machine's and. WOW is all i can say i was so pleased i was going to go home and get a head lamp so i could still detect because it was getting dark. I got there a little late, but right off the bat i pulled a wheat at 9 inches and i mean a true 9 inches and i pulled a total of 6 wheats all in the range of 7-9 inches even hitting the 10 inch mark at one point and i also pulled a merc at 7-8 inches and this is all within an hour or so i now some will say these coins where probably missed but no this machine is amazing all coins had iron all around them i get more and more impressed every time i go out with the ctx 3030 and im telling you if theres a coin with trash the ctx 3030 will NOT miss it, you will no if there's a coin with iron just trust the machine. I was using combined with ferrous coin///i also switched to high trash with 50 tone co but at the depth i was finding these coins the VDI numbers where bouncing''''' but in combined with ferrous the VDI's where stable. Happy hunting to alll

:minelab: CTX 3030
:minelab: Etrac
:whites: Whites m6
Pro pointer
Ulster County NY
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/firefighter2542005

That's exactly what I'm seeing. One must trust the machine and keep digging even after their pinpointer sings on iron.

That has been my experience as well Dave, Indian Heads at 9 inches has become common for me in the "worked out" parks. I have yet to dig any silver at that depth but I'm sure that is just because I haven't had my coil over them yet. I have recovered quite a few silvers in iron though. I am also using Combined, Ferrous-Coin and love the CTX set up that way.

Nice report and congrats on the (fun) hunt.

What is your ground mineralization like? I am thinking I'll hit a 10" coin, but thus far 9" is my max. I have dug two deep pull tabs, one at 10" and one at 11".

Larry - I do have one large silver at 9" and a dime at 8", so it goes there ;)

earthmansurfer said:
I would say i have some ground mineralzation not sure how much but my ctx 3030 sens runs about 26-29 most of the time with an occasional 24 in auto +3 in my area
:

What is your ground mineralization like? I am thinking I'll hit a 10" coin, but thus far 9" is my max. I have dug two deep pull tabs, one at 10" and one at 11".

Larry (IL) said:
I'm enjoying combined my self Larry but im still experimenting with the other setting's but combined with ferrous coin is working the best for me in my hunting spots HH
That has been my experience as well Dave, Indian Heads at 9 inches has become common for me in the "worked out" parks. I have yet to dig any silver at that depth but I'm sure that is just because I haven't had my coil over them yet. I have recovered quite a few silvers in iron though. I am also using Combined, Ferrous-Coin and love the CTX set up that way.

:beers: Congrats on the recoveries! Always nice to hear others report of how the CTX 3030 is pulling coins from areas that were previously "pounded" with other detectors! Now all we have to do is put the coil over them! :) HH Randy

Congratulations on your finds. I have been doing the same thing with my 3030. I don't know how my E-Trac and my snap crackle pop machine missed some of the targets I have found but the results are the same. My son dug a silver quarter yesterday that had a pulltab a piece of can slaw and a #2 phillips bit in the same hole. Like was said earlier just trust the machine. Good idea hunting after the sun goes down. Thanks for posting. HH :minelab:

Congrats and I am seeing the same thing the VDI in ferrous coin is stable and you have to trust the machine is spot on. I also find in high trash the VDI is very jumpy and the depth is not as accurate.

firefighter254 said:
earthmansurfer said:
I would say i have some ground mineralzation not sure how much but my ctx 3030 sens runs about 26-29 most of the time with an occasional 24 in auto +3 in my area
:

Very similar to my numbers. When I run in auto I almost always see the recommended number at 19 or 20 (usually the former) and in auto +3 it ranges from 23 to 27 most of the time. (I hit 31 once!)

BTW - You wonder why your reply is in quotes with mine? Start your typing before the first "[quote" or after the last "[/quote]".
Makes it much easier to read. :cheers:

Digger said:
:beers: Congrats on the recoveries! Always nice to hear others report of how the CTX 3030 is pulling coins from areas that were previously "pounded" with other detectors! Now all we have to do is put the coil over them! :) HH Randy
Thanks for the comments Digger HH