Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX 3030 stops detecting

Johnny5

I've sent my machine last year to mine labs to have it fixed, however the same problem keeps occuring. Its set up and detecting okay after awhile I'm not picking up targets but its still humming. I check with a coin and scoop and it doesn't pick either of them up. So I end up doing a factory reset and it starts working. I've checked my fittings and they are snug.This has happened several times. I'll call mine labs again but I'm not sure they can fix it. Has anbody got any ideas. I'm an experienced hunter who has several machines, but find this frustrating if I didn't check to see if it was working I wouldn't know there was a problem other than not picking up targets..

Short of being in a totally closed pattern or your Sensitivity turned all the way down I'd say ML has more work to do on the machine...the fact that it runs and does OK for awhile and then develops the problem would say to me that it is warming up,however slightly,and something is getting thermally expanded and causing a disconnect,possibly a solder joint. Good luck,hopefully it can be made right once again.

bklein said:
Try freeze spray on the coil.

To contract the coil a bit in case there's an open in it? Now THAT is using the old bean, I wouldn't have thought of that EVER. Great diagnostic idea if that's indeed what you had in mind.

Or try another coil entirely. Most likely there is nothing you could do to resolve the issue on your own. Although some diagnostic work on your end may better help you work with Minelab if/when it has to be sent in.

I have a few questions. You say it won't pick up' a coin, does that man no VDI numbers, no tones, and no target display? Nothing on a screen and no tones? Did you try in pin point over a known target, like a coin on the ground? Did or do you noise cancel? Did you change coils and the same thing happened? Does it work in pinpoint? Do you get tones in pin point?

I assume that after a period of time, say an hour or three, there is no display of any targets on the screen when you know you are over a target that should display. Here is a clue, when you send it in for repair, send it back with an alkaline battery pack and keep your wireless. Kinda crappy thing to do, but if they send you a new machine you will have two li-on batteries and two wireless units plus a spare charger! Well, I did say it was kinda crappy!

I talked to Marty at Kellyco, he thought it was the coil. I sent the 17 inch coil to minelabs for a replacement. I used the stock coil today with no problems. Hopefully the issue is resolved (I've got my fingers crossed). Thanks for the help.