Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX loss of sound to wireless module?

cadman_us

Using the CTX this weekend with the wireless module, lost sound 4 or 5 times, had to shut down the CTX and turn it back on each time. It would then work until I used the pinpoint function and would then lose sound again. The CTX was causing the sound loss, not the wireless module. This happened within a 15 to 20 minute period, then worked for the rest of the day. (freshly charged battery in both CTX and remote.)

Anybody have this issue before?

I have not had that problem but may be your headphone connector. I use Pro-Gold, Killer Bs, and the waterproof GG. A good question for a Minelab Tech. Sounds as though a connection problem. Keep us posted. HH :minelab:

I've seen issues when people wear the wireless module behind them...in effect putting their body and gear directly between them and the detector.
You might try selecting one of the other wireless frequency channels...I think it defaults to #1. If anyone else (with a CTX) is hunting nearby, their machines probably defaulted to the same channel.

Minelab will probably say EMI / interferrence. (They could be right, as well.)

HH,
mike

trojdor said:
I've seen issues when people wear the wireless module behind them...in effect putting their body and gear directly between them and the detector.
You might try selecting one of the other wireless frequency channels...I think it defaults to #1. If anyone else (with a CTX) is hunting nearby, their machines probably defaulted to the same channel.

Minelab will probably say EMI / interferrence. (They could be right, as well.)

HH,
mike

Probably a frequency issue, there were three of us hunting with CTXs in the same place. I will change frequencies and see if that works.

Thanks for all the help....

I had a similar issue, pressing the pin pointer would stop the sound to the wireless. There were three CTX's in the area. Also had no depth and few in any targets except right on the surface. Changed frequencies and all was well.