Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep...yep

bigelow

Just a simple post with an observation I made tonight.. just hit a park in park 2 mode... sensitivity 20 default, I noticed I was digging some pretty deep plugs and have hit this park with my Deus and CTX, in the sandy tot lot i was averaging about 9 inches on my targets, never really had to dig that deep in the sand but not going to complain.. so far the depth is pretty darn impressive. A few times i had a 6 inch plug cut and still had to dig an inch or to to have my carrot on highest sensitivity start picking it up.

Awesome! I'm understanding that it is really hot on nickels, which means also gold rings. For me that is important because that will work on the Euro and legacy European coins which hit close to a nickel due to their nickel metal content

I thought I was the ONLY one with a "Greybox Sears special".
I bought mine at Sears scratch and dent outlet in 1990. Mine is the same as White's 5900.
It still works well, but not often. How detector technology has changed!
I can see the Equinox will add just another level of obsolescence to the "Greybox Sears special".
I just wish I could go back in time with the Equinox the time when tube type detectors were the rage!

1960's ................................... vs ...................................... 2010's

Yep got a gold ring on first fun hunt i did in a park here, I seem to see a sweet spot for quite a few gold items falling around 12-14
silvercoinboy said:
Awesome! I'm understanding that it is really hot on nickels, which means also gold rings. For me that is important because that will work on the Euro and legacy European coins which hit close to a nickel due to their nickel metal content

bigelow said:
Yep got a gold ring on first fun hunt i did in a park here, I seem to see a sweet spot for quite a few gold items falling around 12-14

I was going to ask this question earlier ,what vid number has the highest percentage of being a ring and nothing else?

Hard to say this early but I get excited around 12-14 and from my VDI and a few others they seem to be pretty similar, keep in mind size and karat plays a large factor in the numbers
Hello said:

I was going to ask this question earlier ,what vid number has the highest percentage of being a ring and nothing else?

Even on the CtX I’ve learned to dig 12-14 no matter what,if I’m in a mood to go down in that range. Rock solid numbers both ways usually cements the dig for me. Good to know numbers are similar with the EQ on those.

While hunting a normal house lot today I switched to the 'gold 1, and it is stupidly deep! Could barely read a merc at 9", buried, and every mode on the Eq hit it, but the Gold was LOUD and LONG! I noticed the numbers were virtually the same across all the programs. Also in a volleyball court, on Gold 1, it really sounds off on very low condutors with a 'high' tone! Little tiny pieces of foil, can slaw, like 1/4" across! Took forever to find it!

And, I did a manual ground balance and it really helped to quieten it down, numbers got a bit more stable also. Running Park 1, and sense at 22, over loamy sandy soil, that is damp to wet!

On the negative side, after about 10 total hours on the machine, the pads in the arm rest seem to be separating from the film that glues it to the metal. Not a big thing unless one has a hairy ape forearm, then it gets tweeky! That herk/// cuff cover, whatever it is called, might be a great addition.