Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting in Fresh Water

I have no experience here so hopefully those who do will chime in.

It costs as little as 10 cents to run some beach tests. If you loose the dime, Oh Well.
If you want to test a gold ring tie a string to it.

I use the Maco Multi Kruzer and in 19 Khz and 22 is a hot number for 18k rings.

Also at the beaches I try there are not a lot of targets. So I often dig everything. That help you learn the good and bad numbers.

And ghats a good example of why 11 was eliminated from the 1-11 iron discrimination. 11 was put back in the 11-20 run because the YouTube guy showed then gold chains were showing as 11

I like to use all metal as well. Last year I used my simplex in fresh water with no problems what so ever. I tried all of the factory programs but ended up using all metal mode for most of the day. I did dig a few bobby pins and other trash but most of the signals were either coins or jewelry.
Steve