Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detecting in Pinpoint Lock Mode

Has anyone tried detecting with Pinpoint Lock activated? I usually hunt in Pinpoint Mode on my Excalibur, and in All Metal on my T2, switching over to discriminate to ID targets. It allows me to hear deep whispers that may be missed by the discriminate mode.

I'm not sure if this can be done on the CTX-3030 because of the auto ground balance...maybe a manual GB would be a better option.

Yep...... I didn't have the PP lock at the time though, just held the button in. I was hunting an area that we knew there were deep CW bullets below 12 inches and many were at 16 inches. Hunting in PP mode saw them with no problem. My guess is that auto GB is not active in PP mode.

You shouldn't have to use that to pick up faint targets. Crank up the volume gain and they get amplified. I have found tiny gold ear rings backs very deep. It may be different but it works. Here is what the manual says about it. I have an older excal too and I use it the same way you do. Try this with your ctx. It works great.

Volume Gain controls the amplification of a target

Neil what head phones are you running on the CTX? With the Excalibur there are targets that are missed in the PP mode because of the cheap Koss HP's. So I'm guessing if the CTX is similar a good set of phones are a plus special on the beach...