Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

dfx and vx3 finding gold jewerly

jimmy clark

ok. Ive been using my dfx for hunting gold an silver jewelry for 18 years. ive been looking into the vx3. theres just something about the audio on the dfx when my coil goes over gold jewelry. you hunters that's uses the dfx for gold jewelry hunting have at least notices that. is there anyone here that has used both dfx an vx3 an is the audio just as good over gold as the dfx?

Hello.
Using both detectors here you're mentioning.
I'd recommend the V3(i) if you want a real upgarde.
The VX3 is more of a switch-on-and-go with a lot less settings, not worth the bucks you may save.
IMHO

To the best of my limited knowledge, the original MXT and maybe the MXT Pro is the closest to the DFX's hybrid analog audio. If I were to concentrate on finding gold jewelry, I would find me a good ole DFX. The audio plus the D.C. Phase readout found me more gold than all other detectors I have owned put together. I am pretty sure the V series were all digital audio.

I'll ditto Larry, I don't know why Whites never incorporated the D.C phase on the V3i
D.C phase has always been helpful

White's Spectra V3i manual c/p 21-22.
Ground Probe - Highlight Ground Tracking, press Zoom Provides helpful information - • To determine the severity of ground (weak ground vs strong ground). • Targets can also be analyzed for VDI number, phase and target strength at each frequency. To use - (from Zoomed Live Control) Menu/Tab to Zero and press Enter with loop in air. Hold loop on the ground or target to read results. Using Live Controls Sensitivity Sensitivity Zoomed LIVE CONTROLS - Sensitivity Tip ... LIVE CONTROLS - Ground Balance/Tracking Sensitivity Sensitivity Zoomed B A S I C M E N U Downloaded from www.Manualslib.com manuals search engine pg 22 • Sensitivity, and Ground Track Live controls - When Zoomed, (highlight then press ZOOM) provide additional measurements used for advanced comparisons and option selections. • Sensitivity Live Control Zoomed – Probe provides a Signal %,, and Noise %. • Ground Tracking Live Control Zoomed – Provides a Ground Probe for measuring and comparing the ground, or a target in the ground. The probe provides phase, phase angle, and signal strength, at each primary frequency.
White's Spectra V3i is possibly the 'best' metal detector for teaching metal detecting.
Their manual is second to none.
The most beautiful part of their manual, and the v3i-advanced-users guide is that it is searchable!

Leatherneck,

That is what is so nice about the DFX DC Phase. You turn it on and is always on the screen. If the Phase is within a few numbers of the VDI in the foil range, the chances are much better it will be a good target. If the VDI and Phase are way off from each other, it is almost always junk.

That is what is so nice about the DFX DC Phase. You turn it on and is always on the screen. If the Phase is within a few numbers of the VDI in the foil range, the chances are much better it will be a good target. If the VDI and Phase are way off from each other, it is almost always junk.
Larry I do use a dfx, for eighteen years. I guess you could say ive found my share of gold rings. Ive tried using dc phase, like you posted several years ago. it never worked for me.

Undisputedly, a metal detector can only do what it was designed for?

All metal detectors with the higher freq./kHz are better for gold!

C/P from page 18 Spectra V3i manual.
"Typically gold and nickel respond better / stronger at 22.5 kHz, brass better / stronger at 7.5, and silver/copper better / stronger at 2.5 kHz. Noting which line of blocks fades last (lingers longest) is a further indication of the targets likely alloy."

With the price of gold today, it is certainly cost effective to have a metal detector that is designed for gold!