Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discusted with the Deus MI-6 pinpointed

Digger 45

Two years of problems with this pinpointer, never has been close to my garret about an inch to inch and a half less. Sent it in for repair and they replaced the guts and when i got it back still not very sensitive have to hold it about an inch from my gold wedding band for it to go off, the garret starts at three inches. Anyone out there have the same problems, i have worn out two garrets before buying this one i like it because it pairs with my Deus.

New to the M-6 I read this post with interest. Did I understand the operating instructions event though I was using it for a month?
Apparently the answer is NO. I used it last week and could not get a buzz or reaction using it with my Kruzer - SO I assumed it was only working with my ORX which it was.
So I read the instructions again and tested myself to see how to program it. I was in silent and none vibrating mode.
If you do not understand the button sequences do you could randomly alter the program to undesired modes
After you turn it on - Holding the button for 5 seconds Puts you in program mode.
Then you press the button the number of times below to set the program

Programs 1 2 3 4 5 6 7(DEUS - MI-6)
Vibrate ON ON ON ON ON ON OFF
Buzzer ON ON ON OFF OFF OFF OFF
Sensitivity LOW MED HIGH LOW MED HIGH ADJUSTABLE VIA DEUS

On Program 2- at the tip I get a variable vibrate and buzzer stating at 2.5 to 3 inches.

When you turn on the pinpointer look at the top of the RC screen to see which program you are in. Program 3 is what I use mainly then go to 2 when needed for close-up's. Hit the "+" or "-" button to change programs. You can adjust sensitivity (easier to change programs) but don't go too high or it will false. I agree with others, it is very deep pinpointer. Remember when it is not paired it will not give nearly as much depth.

Probably easier to just pair it again and it will reset things. Something like with RC on and pinpointer off, OPTION then select PINPOINTER then PAIRING and hold down the pinpointer button down for eight seconds. You still need to check which progam it is running. 3 is nice and deep without adjusting anything.

Last edited:
When you turn on the pinpointer look at the top of the RC screen to see which program you are in. Program 3 is what I use mainly then go to 2 when needed for close-up's. Hit the "+" or "-" button to change programs. You can adjust sensitivity (easier to change programs) but don't go too high or it will false. I agree with others, it is very deep pinpointer. Remember when it is not paired it will not give nearly as much depth.

Probably easier to just pair it again and it will reset things. Something like with RC on and pinpointer off, OPTION then select PINPOINTER then PAIRING and hold down the pinpointer button down for eight seconds. You still need to check which progam it is running. 3 is nice and deep without adjusting anything.
Can the sensitivity or program be adjusted when paired to ws5? When on, it defaults to volume and the menu button won’t move the selections. Is the remote required for adjustment? Or could I select a program on the Mi6 then pair it? I don’t have a remote and the Mi6 is not nearly as deep as my fpulse or Tek point. But I use it with the DEUS because it pairs. My ws5 is 5.21

I have watched so many video on this pointer but no one said about looking to see which sensitivity i was on, on the RC i looked and i was on #2 but by going through the set up pushing three times it still stays on #2 won't change i have removed it and repaired it sever times but it will work through the headphones but still not deep. Also having problems now with the WS5 headphones that when i hit menu it just blinks and will not go to the menu really need this so i can change coils.

I’ve had that issue twice now where it basically locks up the DEUS. Well the ws5 anyway. Have to power down and reboot. Are you using LF coils? In the 5.21 update it said improved connectivity when using Mi6 and LF coil iirc. I only have LF coils so I just attributed it to that.

I used my DEUS today and yes, my Mi6 is not very deep at all. Tek point easily doubles the depth of my Mi6. I’m using the pitch mode through the ws5. I love it’s operation but it’s lack of depth is frustrating.

I have both LH and HF coils it seems to be worse when i'm on the HF coil.Big problem when i want to switch coils it switches on the RC but can't get the ws5 to chance to the menu so i can switch to another coil

My MI-6 will find the screw in mt thumb. the garrett carrot will not. While using the deus you can enter the settings and turn it up, and or change the tones

I also have trouble with my MI-4 and lack of depth. Even on its highest setting, it maxes at about 2 inches.

I have watched so many video on this pointer but no one said about looking to see which sensitivity i was on, on the RC i looked and i was on #2 but by going through the set up pushing three times it still stays on #2 won't change i have removed it and repaired it sever times but it will work through the headphones but still not deep. Also having problems now with the WS5 headphones that when i hit menu it just blinks and will not go to the menu really need this so i can change coils.
If you have paired your MI-6 with your RC, turn on your MI-6 , and then set the sensitivity with your RC inside the menu, upto 50 for example. Then depth should be better ;)

If all else fails, read the instruction manual. Do you have the instruction manual that came with the pinpointer? If not you really need to get one. The MI-6 is more complicated than most people think.

I had trouble starting our coffee maker the other day (owned it for seven or eight years LOL). Had a headache and was in a hurry and turns out I was holding the "On" button too long. Tried and tried. Had to read the manual. The MI-6 is complicated enough you will need to read. Once you get it right it is quite easy to use.

Hi Digger 45
Here is a comprehensive video explaining the MI-6 functions and settings.
The same applications apply to the MI-4.

I have it adjusted right it just is not very strong, i don't know why Deus can't update these so they will work better, just threw it in the bag and went back to using the carrot it will go about 4 inches and i can locate a target with the deus then spot it with the carrot and use a probe to pop out the coin. I do a lot of this, i just wish the Deus pinpointed would work better. I have 36 years in detecting so i'm not a novice.

Just used the old trick of taping a coin to the shaft of the pointer, if positioned right it will double the depth of the pointer, this should show you that it can be a good pinpointer if it was updated to perform better

Thanks for your feedback sir, if you believe your unit is faulty XP have a comprehensive warranty service.
I am sure your reseller will be more than happy to check it out for you, and replace/repair if needed.