Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Epic day of hunting! TWO coin spills. One had a GOLD COIN! Huge Gold Ring Silver Coins

cz70pro

Hopefully, some people here still remember me! LOL It has been a while since I have posted here but I just had to share one of the best days detecting I have ever had with you here. I found a field that was owned by the city that bordered some older Victorian homes. I decided to hunt it and I was definitely glad I did! It had been hunted before but there were lots of mid and low tones still in the ground. I spent the day digging every single signal above 0 on the conductive scale and boy did it ever pay off! Rather than write a long post about the hunt, I thought I would give you a link so you could watch the entire hunt on video. I named this video "Dazed For Days" as that is exactly what happened to me after finding my first US gold coin. I have found 5 gold coins in total over my 39 years of hunting but this was my very first US gold coin. An 1879 2.50 gold quarter eagle in amazing condition. There are amazing things still out there to find. Lots of them actually. :)

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpOmyv7zcEo

I have a YouTube channel now called Finding America that I started 6 months ago. I am including a link to my channel here so you can actually watch all these items and more from that day as they were dug out of the ground. If you enjoy watching an E-Trac finding lots of amazing finds, I think you will enjoy my channel. I have 26 videos done so far and I try and put one out every week. Hope you'll check it out and if you enjoy what you are watching, I hope you will consider subscribing to my channel. Thanks everyone!

Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/findingamerica

Congrats on all those coins and that gold coin looks like it is close to mint condition.

Ron in WV

Greg,
One word. OUTSTANDING !!
That gold coin is absolutely stunning and I love that gold ring.
What an amazing day you had.
I still remember how excited i was after i found my first Morgan Silver Dollar 3 years ago.
I cant even imagine the shock of seeing that gold coin in the ground. Wow.
The seated quarter would be show stopper also.

Dave

Congrats on an amazing find! My wife got one last year so I can definitely relate to the "Dazed for Days" description. Not a lot of people have the patience to hunt that way. Proves that for those willing to go the extra mile, great finds await! VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!

Unbelievable! Probably one of the best videos I've seen here. Thanks so much for sharing this.

WV62 said:
Congrats on all those coins and that gold coin looks like it is close to mint condition.

Ron in WV

Thanks a lot Ron. It was a great day for sure. I really believe the gold coin could grade in the MS range.

Thanks,
Greg

floodplaindetector said:
Greg,
One word. OUTSTANDING !!
That gold coin is absolutely stunning and I love that gold ring.
What an amazing day you had.
I still remember how excited i was after i found my first Morgan Silver Dollar 3 years ago.
I cant even imagine the shock of seeing that gold coin in the ground. Wow.
The seated quarter would be show stopper also.

Dave

Thanks Dave! It really was a crazy day. When I said that gold coin took my breath away, I wasn't kidding! LOL I would normally be jumping up and down over that bucket lister seated quarter but unfortunately (or fortunately) it came out of a hole with a gold coin. What a day! What a day!

ATB Greg

utmike said:
Congrats on an amazing find! My wife got one last year so I can definitely relate to the "Dazed for Days" description. Not a lot of people have the patience to hunt that way. Proves that for those willing to go the extra mile, great finds await! VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!

Thanks Mike and huge congrats to your wife! Glad I could finally join her club. LOL I really enjoy that kind of hunting and I try and showcase that hunting style on my channel. I think people are pretty surprised by what can be found and what they may have been passing up. Thanks so much for the kind words. Great to hear from you again and hope you enjoy my channel and videos.

Greg

utmike said:
Unbelievable! Probably one of the best videos I've seen here. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Wow. Thanks for the high praise Mike. Really appreciate that. I put a LOT of work into my videos but I love doing it and it means a lot when I get feedback like yours. Hope you get a chance to check out some of my other videos and maybe sub the channel. Always something cool coming out of the ground there. Thanks again Mike!

ATB Greg

I enjoyed the video very much. Love the authenticity, the great finds and the birds chirping !

What a great day. Hope you have many more like but that day is gonna be hard to top !!!

Congrats.

That was an epic find. Subbed to your channel after watching the video. Have to admit your video production work is second to none! Watched a couple more they were so good. I swear the videos almost look professionally produced. Don’t know what you do for a living but the future is bright for you my friend. I’ll keep watching, you keep doing what you do and we’ll all be happy. Congratulations again!

Thank you very much for the kind words. It was the hunt of hunts and I tried hard to do that hunt justice when putting that video together. I was wondering if anyone else would notice the singing birds in the video. LOL Greg

therover said:
I enjoyed the video very much. Love the authenticity, the great finds and the birds chirping !

What a great day. Hope you have many more like but that day is gonna be hard to top !!!

Congrats.

Thanks Michael! I have used NGC in the past as well. They are probably my favorite grading service. I doubt I will send this one in. I like having it loose. I can hold it by the edges when I want. LOL Greg

michael NY said:
Congradulations on Coin beautifull. Check out NGC for coin gradeing I am happy with there service.

Wow, thank you so much for those very kind words. Very happy to hear you subbed my channel and you like the videos. I wish I could say I was an expert movie maker but I actually just learned to turn the camera on about 6 months ago. I have been studying hard and learning about using the camera and editing video. I found I really enjoy making the videos and I am always trying to get a bit better each time. I really appreciate your comments and hope I can continue to live up to such praise. Hope to hear from you again and thanks again for joining the channel. Glad you are out there watching. ATB Greg

Kraemer said:
That was an epic find. Subbed to your channel after watching the video. Have to admit your video production work is second to none! Watched a couple more they were so good. I swear the videos almost look professionally produced. Don’t know what you do for a living but the future is bright for you my friend. I’ll keep watching, you keep doing what you do and we’ll all be happy. Congratulations again!

Thanks Tony! I have been lucky to have found a few but this was my very first US gold coin. Hope you get a chance to check out the video. It was an amazing day.
ATB Greg

Tony N (Michigan) said:
Incredible finds! I've yet to find a gold coin!

Congrats on the killer day! And a nice job on thinking outside the box for a new place to hunt, it certainly paid off

Thanks PM. You definitely need to get creative and think outside the box nowadays. I try and stress that in a lot of my videos. Thanks again! ATB Greg

pmhoover said:
Congrats on the killer day! And a nice job on thinking outside the box for a new place to hunt, it certainly paid off