Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 at a hunted out park

How's it going everyone...

Went to a so called hunted out local park here in town Monday the 7th...

Went there with the intentions to dig those real deep iffy signals.. and that's what I did... heres what i ended up with after 4 hours of swinging... 7 wheaties and 3 silver dimes, all around 8-10 inches deep... vdi's on the high conductors at depth were bouncy from mid 20s - low 30s... low conductors seem to be more solid with the vdi's at depth.

I pulled a chunk of iron out of the 52 rosie hole.. it was about 3 inches above the dime.. pretty impressive...

Settings for that day

Park 1
My 5 tone program
Sens 21-23 depending on chatter
5 recovery speed
0 iron bias
Auto ground balance
No disc.

Congrats, I'm getting similar results one of my "hunted out" spots. Looking at the amount of iron you dug, I would suggest adding a couple points of Iron Bias, but you've obviously done well.

Thank you... yeah I usually have my iron bias set at 2 and 6-7 recovery and dig less iron but I wanted to see how iron bias 0 would do at this park and it did what I thought it would it do... was dig alittle more iron then usual but that's ok.. I don't mind digging iron or bottle caps on certain days... to me 0 iron bias seems to unmask alittle better?

Thank you....:beers:

Yeah I'm a dig everything type of hunter for the most part...depending on the site of course... don't want to go crazy with plugs at a small park...

Well done! I like that part about "hunted out". It gives me encouragement when I get to use my 600 (hasn't arrived yet)...in my "hunted out" park. Of course I won't be digging everything...our South Texas ground is just too dry and too hard already...and Summer ain't even began! Nice job and nicely done!

Charles :usaf: :usaflag:

No offense but by looking at your pics it's rather obvious that the reason you found what you did is because you were digging everything. You had a great hunt but by no means did you prove anything about the NOX's abilities. Take any mid level detector to your park and dig every signal and any capable detectorist will produce similar results.

FFX2 said:
No offense but by looking at your pics it's rather obvious that the reason you found what you did is because you were digging everything. You had a great hunt but by no means did you prove anything about the NOX's abilities. Take any mid level detector to your park and dig every signal and any capable detectorist will produce similar results.

I don't think he dug every signal..... this is what he said: 'Went there with the intentions to dig those real deep iffy signals.. and that's what I did...'

No offense taking...but that's what I do is dig everything if I feel like doing so.. depends on the site.... I have no problem doing so if need be.. and my post was not to say how great the equinox is.. just a post of what I found at my so called hunted out park... and when one is trying to learn a machine they tend to dig everything anyways right? But yes I went to dig those deep iffy signals to see what the eq800 would pull out on recovery 5 and iron bias 0...

But I get it...there always has to be some negative feedback on every post... lol...

FFX2 said:

Bullshit. I have been digging a lot of coins missed by every other hunter, including myself on well-hunted public spots. Just because you dig the obvious trashy targets doesn't mean the good ones aren't coming in as good. There is a reason everything I have been digging was missed. Almost every single one was mixed with either aluminum or iron trash.

Maybe if you took the time to actually learn your EQX600 instead of immediately giving up on it and posting it in the sales page, youd figure that out.

FFX2 said:

I don't think he dug every signal..... this is what he said: 'Went there with the intentions to dig those real deep iffy signals.. and that's what I did...'

If the Nox is so great as many of you in here claim there wouldn't be a big pile of trash in his pictures.

Do you not dig trash? You would be the first person in detecting history to only dig good finds??... hahaha

FFX2 -- do you even detect? To make the statement that "if the Nox was so good, there wouldn't be a big pile of trash dug" sounds like the statement of either a newbie who does not understand detecting at all, or someone with an axe to grind...

I've used a number of machines in my time; when I'm reaching for the deep, iffy signals, ALL of those machines will dig "a pile of trash." That's true of anyone, with any machine...

Steve

Seems like the FBS/BBS machines were so good at ID that folks didn’t dig much trash.

Now maybe the same folks are finding stiff at places they hunted out with the above mentioned machines.

Why?

Maybe because the Nox ain’t so good at ID of targets. Iffy responses in the Nox, vs solid ferrous I’d info in a CTX - result, Nox target dug, CTX target not dig.

Result of that - Nox finds a bunch of trash and some good stuff “missed” bumCTX or Other FBS/BBS with more “solid” ID.

Discussion?

FFX2 said:

If the Nox is so great as many of you in here claim there wouldn't be a big pile of trash in his pictures.

I think you are missing a fundamental point, that is, the signals being dug were ''real deep iffy signals' that being the case, most would expect to dig up an amount of trash, goes with the territory as they say.

lytle78 said:
Seems like the FBS/BBS machines were so good at ID that folks didn’t dig much trash.

Now maybe the same folks are finding stiff at places they hunted out with the above mentioned machines.

Why?

Maybe because the Nox ain’t so good at ID of targets. Iffy responses in the Nox, vs solid ferrous I’d info in a CTX - result, Nox target dug, CTX target not dig.

Result of that - Nox finds a bunch of trash and some good stuff “missed” bumCTX or Other FBS/BBS with more “solid” ID.

Discussion?

Id say thats the wrong way to look at it. Some of your statements are true, others aren't. Yes, the target VDI for small high conductors like silver dimes is not as solid as it was with the CTX or E-Trac. But it's not as bad as it may seem. The CTX was rock solid on high conductors but much more variable on low conductors. If you are a silver scalper like me, you didn't care. Those jumpy low numbers could be gold, could be a nickle, could be foil, could be canslaw.... Now reverse that for the EQX. It's low conductor VDI are damned impressive, but more spread for high conductors. The difference is that a jumpy high conductor IS NOT going to be foil, aluminum, can slaw, pulltabs, etc. Anything jumping around solidly in the 20s to 30s is almost always going to be a coin or at least a coin-like target.

Those jumpy high tones for coins sound and act different from almost all the iron falses. Yes, a few get through, but they do that on every detector ever made. Rule #1 of detecting: YOU WILL DIG JUNK

The EQX is more impressive than any detector I have owned because it has the depth of the Minelab FBS and the speed of the DEUS. Almost all of the silver and wheats I have been digging (all at hard hit public places like parks) have been mixed with either iron or aluminum junk. It's the speed of the EQX that is letting it see the coin (especially when mixed with conductive trash) that others including myself have skipped before.

The only trash target the NOX has a problem with are crown-caps, but there are ways to tell it is one and in my turf hunting, crowns are never deep so even easier to avoid, but yes, I do dig more of THAT trash than I used to.

I dug some shallow targets that day as well because I do like to find recently dropped gold and silver rings... but yes most of the targets I dug were deep iffy signals that most people/detectors pass on cuz they think it's deep iron and or trash??... I will say it paid off that day with some silver and wheaties... same place gave up 3 deep buffs and 2 deep war nickels a few weeks ago...

Jason in Enid said:

Why?

Discussion?

Id say thats the wrong way to look at it. Some of your statements are true, others aren't. Yes, the target VDI for small high conductors like silver dimes is not as solid as it was with the CTX or E-Trac. But it's not as bad as it may seem. The CTX was rock solid on high conductors but much more variable on low conductors. If you are a silver scalper like me, you didn't care. Those jumpy low numbers could be gold, could be a nickle, could be foil, could be canslaw.... Now reverse that for the EQX. It's low conductor VDI are damned impressive, but more spread for high conductors. The difference is that a jumpy high conductor IS NOT going to be foil, aluminum, can slaw, pulltabs, etc. Anything jumping around solidly in the 20s to 30s is almost always going to be a coin or at least a coin-like target.

Those jumpy high tones for coins sound and act different from almost all the iron falses. Yes, a few get through, but they do that on every detector ever made. Rule #1 of detecting: YOU WILL DIG JUNK

The EQX is more impressive than any detector I have owned because it has the depth of the Minelab FBS and the speed of the DEUS. Almost all of the silver and wheats I have been digging (all at hard hit public places like parks) have been mixed with either iron or aluminum junk. It's the speed of the EQX that is letting it see the coin (especially when mixed with conductive trash) that others including myself have skipped before.

The only trash target the NOX has a problem with are crown-caps, but there are ways to tell it is one and in my turf hunting, crowns are never deep so even easier to avoid, but yes, I do dig more of THAT trash than I used to.

Excellent post!!! I agree with everything you said...

lytle78 said:

Why?

Discussion?

Excellent observation Rick! And exactly where my point was headed. Us CTX users tend to skip alot, not because the machine is missing items it's because the machine is excellent at TID and we tend to skip iffy signals even though sometimes they are good targets too.

Then along comes new kid on the block digging every blip,bleep and booing and if he gets lucky once every 100 plugs he declares that his detector is better than every detector that has ever been there.

One thing I know for sure is that if you're swinging a NOX you better have a huge junk pouch.

FFX2 said:

Why?

Discussion?

Excellent observation Rick! And exactly where my point was headed. Us CTX users tend to skip alot, not because the machine is missing items it's because the machine is excellent at TID and we tend to skip iffy signals even though sometimes they are good targets too.

Then along comes new kid on the block digging every blip,bleep and booing and if he gets lucky once every 100 plugs he declares that his detector is better than every detector that has ever been there.

One thing I know for sure is that if you're swinging a NOX you better have a huge junk pouch.

When did i say the equinox was better then every other detector??? Hahaha... i dont think I did... did I? And I'm no new kid on the block when it comes to detecting so if you are referring to me as that then you would be wrong brother...

Either way I'm not here to argue with anyone about which detectors are better then others... just happy with what i have in the equinox and deus and happy to have gotten out to do some swinging...

FFX2 said:

Why?

Discussion?

Here's the thing about the nox it has speed the ctx is also very fast between targets on the same plane . But when it comes to several targets at different levels from where the coin is the ctx is not fast enough to (TONE) on the coin target trace will show it but you will get no audio and a target will build at say 12.19 to 12.45 for a silver coin . Now if the ctx is saying 12.19 12.25 for a silver coin and the nox is saying 20 to 28 for the same coin neither is accurate but the nox gives (AUDIO) and is calling it a high conductor whereas the ctx is calling it a low conductor in this case the nox is more accurate . But I have seen the opposite whereas the ctx called it right and the nox did not but still gave me a dig signal .This is what you have to look at ctx no tone nox tone .

With that said we have a iffy signal even the audio may be distorted but that speed thing is where the nox shines it gave audio whereas the ctx only gave trace . Steve is right if a signal is bouncing between 20 and 30 you better be eyeballing that hit as something good . As far as other mid-range detectors the nox has better ID at depth on clean signals in fact it is very good .
The problem comes when you dig a dime with a nail and the nox calls it 20 wrong ID but I am digging The nox is finding more of these targets that other detectors can't see and is giving audio to them whereas other detectors will call iron no audio or ID them incorrectly .
I look at it this way if I get a 20 to 30 it's going to be some high conductor I am more than happy to dig .

If you had a nox you gave up a excellent tool which could have added to your enjoyment . sube