Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 at a hunted out park

OutlawDetectors said:
Seems like the FBS/BBS machines were so good at ID that folks didn’t dig much trash.

Now maybe the same folks are finding stiff at places they hunted out with the above mentioned machines.

Why?

Maybe because the Nox ain’t so good at ID of targets. Iffy responses in the Nox, vs solid ferrous I’d info in a CTX - result, Nox target dug, CTX target not dig.

Result of that - Nox finds a bunch of trash and some good stuff “missed” bumCTX or Other FBS/BBS with more “solid” ID.

Discussion?

Excellent observation Rick! And exactly where my point was headed. Us CTX users tend to skip alot, not because the machine is missing items it's because the machine is excellent at TID and we tend to skip iffy signals even though sometimes they are good targets too.

Then along comes new kid on the block digging every blip,bleep and booing and if he gets lucky once every 100 plugs he declares that his detector is better than every detector that has ever been there.

One thing I know for sure is that if you're swinging a NOX you better have a huge junk pouch.

When did i say the equinox was better then every other detector??? Hahaha... i dont think I did... did I? And I'm no new kid on the block when it comes to detecting so if you are referring to me as that then you would be wrong brother...

Either way I'm not here to argue with anyone about which detectors are better then others... just happy with what i have in the equinox and deus and happy to have gotten out to do some swinging...

I wasn't referring to you at all. I was talking about the hundreds of posts I have already read on this subject and the people that created those posts that have obviously never used any other machine.

sube said:
If you had a nox you gave up a excellent tool which could have added to your enjoyment . sube

I will still have a Nox in my arsenal. One is being sold and one is being kept.

The equinox ID is very accurate. It is also very sensitive. The equinox is a high gain detector. Once the target is located with pin point, then shorten the swing to a wiggle over the target and the ID will be very solid. If your swing is wide, it will read everything else around it and the numbers will jump. The "jumpy numbers" comes from it's accuracy, not inaccuracy.