Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 nail test video by The Mental Detectorist

That is a heck of a difference between modes.. Thanks for sharing the link. Can't wait for mine to arrive so I can start my own testing...

someone asked me to do this so i quickly grabbed a few nails , I do have a few settings I was given to try again, so may be a follow up soon

Thanks for making the video. I highly suspect the reason park 1 isn't hitting the quarter is because the iron bias default setting is 6. With the high iron bias setting is trying so hard to get rid of the iron its losing the quarter. The default setting for iron bias in park2, field 1, and field 2 is zero. I highly suspect the speed and iron bias being will be the major players in finding good targets in iron. Maybe try park 1 again and just simply adjust the iron bias down to zero and see if it gives a better signal. I suspect it will. Let me know what happens. Also you had your gold mode set at 40khz. might want to try multi.

Thanks Mike, im sure you are correct. I appreciate the input hopefully after tomorrow I will have more free time to do some better testing and will take into consideration your points. I also got handed some settings that may make it breeze through this
Mountain Mike said:
Thanks for making the video. I highly suspect the reason park 1 isn't hitting the quarter is because the iron bias default setting is 6. With the high iron bias setting is trying so hard to get rid of the iron its losing the quarter. The default setting for iron bias in park2, field 1, and field 2 is zero. I highly suspect the speed and iron bias being will be the major players in finding good targets in iron. Maybe try park 1 again and just simply adjust the iron bias down to zero and see if it gives a better signal. I suspect it will. Let me know what happens. Also you had your gold mode set at 40khz. might want to try multi.

That is a video that sort of scares me a bit. As nails are a real issue to deal with, and on every sweep on the video it gave a varying tone and varying numbers, so how in the world does a person make a 'dig' decision with that recieved information? Will be good to see some written programs, 'set-ups', etc., for particular types of hunting. Like the CTX and the original 'Gone Hunting' program. With a tiny bit of tweaking, it was a killer for where I hunt.

Would like to see some side by side videos of a coin buried with nails next to it, on top of it, under it, etc., at varying depths. I really hope the small coil is released soon so I can pick around iron with an open screen, as I do with the CTX.

Good video though! Thanks for the time and effort!

Also you might want to print out the standard "monty nail board test" just to keep the test uniform and easy to compare to other detectors. Thanks for the efforts.

As disclosed in the beginning of video im very new to the machine and dont want anyone to come to conclusions from the video of one inexperienced user.. me lol
I was given some settings to improve it by a skilled user so will try to give a follow up. I simply turned on the machine didnt tweak much at all ... reactivity has a large affect on these things as well, also i had the coin completely surrounded by a circle of nails probably only 1 1/2 inches away from it.

Give it time and other videos will start coming out, that may show completely different results depending on settings user skill etc.
Thanks for watching and the feedback much appreciated as I learn this new machine

jas415 said:
That is a video that sort of scares me a bit. As nails are a real issue to deal with, and on every sweep on the video it gave a varying tone and varying numbers, so how in the world does a person make a 'dig' decision with that recieved information? Will be good to see some written programs, 'set-ups', etc., for particular types of hunting. Like the CTX and the original 'Gone Hunting' program. With a tiny bit of tweaking, it was a killer for where I hunt.

Would like to see some side by side videos of a coin buried with nails next to it, on top of it, under it, etc., at varying depths. I really hope the small coil is released soon so I can pick around iron with an open screen, as I do with the CTX.

Good video though! Thanks for the time and effort!

Something as simple as an improper ground balance could easily screw up the test. I hope people see these tests for what they are. A new user learning how to use a new complicated tool while doing experiments. I hope people give you a ton of slack.

All I can say is I'm glad I don't hunt for coin mixed in with freshly placed nails. I'm more a what's going on under the ground with nails that have been there 50+ years.

Video is inconclusive.

ok guys I have done some more manual studying and experimenting and think I have some nice results to share, as I stated to some dont jump the gun and draw conclusions over one video with inexperienced user. That being said I highly recommend paying the difference and getting the 800 version. I was tinkering with sounds tones and pitches and you can really tailor the sounds to benefit you. As a few have stated above simple things like ground balancing can make a night and day difference.

will try to show you my new results soon.. stay tuned

Don't beat yourself up over it.
Even if the machine turns out to be a dog people will defend it.
Testers will have to prove you false so get ready.
There is a possibility in the wild nails could be like that so it shows us something.
Not all nails are in the pattern of the board of pain or what people want to put them in their test beds so keep the videos coming.

yeah the only mode that really struggled was park 1 and how often would you see this scenario in a park :p

I think one of the problems is the standard coil is too big for hunting trashing sites. I really wish they had a 8 or 9 inch coil as standard. They don't even have one as an accessory. Dropping to their small coil will help but there should be a size in between. I think they made a big mistake.

The Recovery Settings have profound affect on performance..
Once you start tweaking the Advanced settings this detector really comes alive.

here is the updated test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HhiISl5WYY

Thanks , I bet it does you park hunters and beach hunters good.... I'm wondering how it will compare to the Deus in iron for relics on 3 d test... Cant wait to get my hands on one.