Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox headphone thread

geoffswansea said:
don't understand why people are buying different types of b/t headphones when (if you have the 800) it comes with the b/t anyhow

To have a backup. Or, in my case, to keep the Minelab headphone new and put the wear and tear on an easily replaceable cheap aftermarket pair and keep the Minelabs as a backup. Plus, aftermarket Bluetooth headphones can be used for all kinds of other things, like watching TV or listening to music.

geoffswansea said:
don't understand why people are buying different types of b/t headphones when (if you have the 800) it comes with the b/t anyhow

How about the ones that come with it are uncomfortable for their head, For that matter why do people change or modify anything? Why put different wheels on your car, the ones that were on it rolled down the road just fine.

cable would need to be stereo in to detector and mono where you want to plug your killer b's in to.

Hey,
I just won the "At the Bench" contest Mouser held and they are sending me a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 series II (I hope).
Does the series II have low latency?
Photo I used below... (look at that cool detector)

Barry

I find that the headphones that come with the 800 are a bit small. I don't have large ears but after 2 hours my left ear begins to hurt. I will be eventually getting the Minelab waterproof headphones and using the WM08 unit. It is true though once you go wireless you don't want to be tethered to the machine anymore.

I tried my Bose 35's on the EQ 600 and it had terrible lag. I went back to the wired ones. I'm waiting for my 800 to arrive with the WM 08's

Hello.
How to reset equinox 800 wireless headphones?
Ive got red light shining and they dont respond on any button.

First make sure they are fully charged,
With the Headphones off press and hold the multi function button for approximately 10 seconds until the headphones beep twice and the status led flashes red and blue twice.
See if your headphones work with the eight inch cable.
Contact Minelab for tech questions and service.
Laplander

Wayfarer said:

To have a backup. Or, in my case, to keep the Minelab headphone new and put the wear and tear on an easily replaceable cheap aftermarket pair and keep the Minelabs as a backup. Plus, aftermarket Bluetooth headphones can be used for all kinds of other things, like watching TV or listening to music.

I use my minelab wireless headphones that came with the eq800 for listening to music wirelessly, answering my phone and using the detector! I was mowing the lawn with my phone transmitting to these headphones perfectly from the other side of my house, now thats good range! I am afraid they will crack in that one fragile spot one of these days though.

laplander said:
With the Headphones off press and hold the multi function button for approximately 10 seconds until the headphones beep twice and the status led flashes red and blue twice.

I can't switch them off. No response to any button press. Now waiting when battery will die. Maybe it will reset them. :unsure:

Garais said:

I can't switch them off. No response to any button press. Now waiting when battery will die. Maybe it will reset them. :unsure:

do you know that you have to press and hold the center button for about 4 seconds to get it to shut off, right?

Try holding the button in until they shut down, I know I have had this problem with some of the wireless headphones and wonder if this is what is happening.

Thanks. I know that i have to hold central button. ;)

Holding the button doesn't do anything. Headphones are not responding to anything.
Now i will wait when battery will die, but if only thing that draws power from battery is that tiny red led then it will take a loooong time. :D :D

Garais said:
Thanks. I know that i have to hold central button. ;)

Holding the button doesn't do anything. Headphones are not responding to anything.
Now i will wait when battery will die, but if only thing that draws power from battery is that tiny red led then it will take a loooong time. :D :D
I would contact Minelab don't torture yourself with this issue, they are very helpful. Go to their web site and get the number to service in you country and contact them.
Laplander

Hello all. Been a reading member for a while, this is my first post in years. I got the 800 on Tuesday. I have experienced the exact same thing where the headphones become unresponsive and won't shut off, no matter how long I hold down the middle button. The quick fix I found is to plug the headphones back into the charger, if only for a few seconds, then unplug them. This has happened a few times since Tuesday. Probably be difficult to do this out in the middle of the field on a hunt unless you have the charging cord and a USB plug in. Haven't found a thing with the 800 yet, I'm still trying to figure out the manual and settings, haha.

Talked with guys in my countrys local forum and there was a guy with same issue as you (me)! He told me to put charger in, but when i went home headphones had already died. Maybe help for my issue would be a connecting to charger, but as i wanted them faster to turn off i didn't tought about charging them. :D