Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EQUINOX REAL DEPTH

Dears .
We want to know . what's the maximum depth you found targets with it because this machine using 11 inch coil . we need your experience Guy's . regards

So far, in a short amount of hunt time, 8" on a wheat cent, is the deepest so far (25 sensitivity, reactivity 4, iron bias 4, 50 multi-tone), AND with proper audio and ID (but it was surrounded by nails, so the ID and audio was varying as it hit the multiple targets...but it definitely indicted the coin was down there). BUT -- that's NOT the limit of the machine, it's simply the deepest coin I've put the coil over, in my local "hunted out" park. The wheat was loud and clear, so there was "room to spare." It seems to hunt very similarly deep to my CTX, based on the depth I've recovered several small (coin-sized) trash items from, and the depths I'm used to recovering those trash items from with my CTX...

Steve

I have been working will get out much this weekend and report.

Steve, if you get a chance, or remember, get a good target, then switch to Gold 1 and see what you get! Best depth I have gotten a coin was a merc at about 8". It was also sandwiched between opull tabs and junk so that 3 guys with me all tried to hit it. Not one of their machines hit on it. Two ATPros and a F5. My EQ was stable on 30 for it, which is a bit high, but it was there.

The Depth limits on VLF detectors were reached decades back!. 99% of Detectorists are still living in fantasy land with the hope every new detector released will go down deeper.
A completely new method of detection is the only way to get deeper and that means forgetting about VLF detectors..

Not quite correct Doctorcoinz, although I do agree the VLF technology reached its depth POTENTIAL years ago.

Depth is a relative term based on conditions. That is to say if you're hunting a site laden with iron then two different VLF's can, and generally will, have difference maxim depths. For example, a low-end slow processor VLF with basic adjustments will get far less depth than say the Deus with a fast processor and the ability to adjust for the iron. In this case one VLF is going to get much more usable depth.

The new technology we see today is not to the basic functionality of how VLF works, but added functionality to make a detector get better depth in adverse conditions.Faster processors, better mineral handling etc.

I have to agree with Southwind, I have several VLF detectors each has its depth limitations in different conditions. The e-nox is advertised to work differently and has adjustments that will make it work better in theory (than other detectors) in a variety of conditions. One thing is for sure we will know soon.

It bothers me that nobody has yet to show vids of the Nox in their own, well established coin gardens. First thing I would do with any new toy, is to go to my yard and test the 7-10 inch coins I have had down at depth, and tested for years with my other machines. Anybody have such a test to show? It seems so simple.

Winter conditions might have something to do with it.
I was hit with a fresh snow storm the day I received my Equinox..
I went out to my garden and did some limited testing the best I could but couldn’t find all my targets because of the snow..
My Equinox hit 6 and 8 inch dimes with no trouble. Same with 8 inch nickel..
Couldn’t find my 10” dime with the Equinox or E-Trac..
looks like I’m going to be socked in for a long time with this new storm passing through but I will no doubt do
some serious testing of the Equinox if spring ever arrives..

Bryan

I have been out with the Equinox for the last two days. I found several 7" dimes with good Target ID. In my soil 7" is about the limit for depth with solid ID, judging by past performance of other detectors I own or have owned, including the CTX 3030, V3i, and MXT. They'll get them deeper of course, but Target ID accuracy starts to drop off rapidly. I also have a 7" dime buried in my backyard test garden, and the Equinox hits it solid, AT LEAST as well as the other detectors could. Unfortnately, I haven't been able to find any deeper dimes (my "reference" target for just about everything) yet in real in-the-field conditions, but that's only because I haven't had my coil over one yet. Bottom line: from what I've seen so far, the Equinox is at least as deep as the CTX 3030, the V3i, and the MXT. I tend to agree that VLF depth potential was reached decades ago, and nowadays the refinements are in Target ID accuracy and unmasking, things the Equinox seems to do VERY well. .

Doctorcoinz said:
The Depth limits on VLF detectors were reached decades back!. 99% of Detectorists are still living in fantasy land with the hope every new detector released will go down deeper.
A completely new method of detection is the only way to get deeper and that means forgetting about VLF detectors..

That's absolutely true, but advances have been made with signal and ground processing resulting in better TID at depth. When a modern machine can ID a deep coin as a coin while older machines ID the same coin as iron, the result is more accurate target ID at depth. That is what we are talking about when we say 'depth'.

[video]https://youtu.be/K4ICLRgL4nw[/video]

Depth ... relitive in deed. Size, angle, soil, metal, machine set up, operator, site location, target depths, and the way its made or broken. A lot affects the magnetic field. Might as well air test. Its like asking where do I find gold.... or at 10 inches what does a penny read.