Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac and CTX 3030 coils are compatible?

No they are not. A Minelab tester answered that very question on the Minelab Owners site.. "No, for reasons soon to be made clear. Older Explorer and E-Trac coils will not fit on the CTX (or vice-versa) ... totally different technology."

Probably like the XTerra models would only take Xterra coils by Minelab.. they maybe keeping the tech to themselves...

There might be some electronics or pre-processing in the coils. This would be a way to get the machine a little faster I believe. We are pretty much at the limits of VLF technology, so one has to be clever to get things better.

I highly doubt Minelab did this to stop competitors from making coils. Even if that is the case, you know it will be figured out and aftermarket coils will come from outside sources.

If Minelab has a patent on the waterproof coil connectors your 3yr. warranty could be at risk by using any other coils. Just a thought. HH :minelab:

New FBS2 electronics in the Coil, I think, going by the description in the brochure. Plus needing waterproof connectors.

FBS 2 combines Minelab

Correct, these are smart coils which contain integrated circuits. Joe's coil shop down the street is not going to be able to take magnet wire and wind up a coil for it like on older detectors.

HH
BB

hershey1 said:
If Minelab has a patent on the waterproof coil connectors your 3yr. warranty could be at risk by using any other coils. Just a thought. HH :minelab:
Some how I want to think like you Hersey1, but maybe we are to suspicious :blink:

End of the day minelab have made a larger and smaller coil too both of which ive ordered so somewhat negates the need to start looking for other aftermarket coils.