Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ETrac questions

Acornhead

Should be a picture here. Goes4Ever, I think the basic program you have on your website is what I was initially was using. Will that pick up gold? I’ve posted this before i must be programmed wrong, I have yet to find a gold ring and almost no nickels in the time I’ve had Etrac. Unbelievable on deep copper and silver. I haven’t used the machine in at least 18 months, like I said, 4 times out, great, last time was picking up nails and all sounded exactly like coins, same park, never changed the program. Also, would like to start picking up gold and nickels, missing those, DFX WAS A MONSTER ON GOLD AND NICKELS, silver and copper, no comparison E track crushes it. If the picture attaches, last 4 times out. Des Buffalo
PS How do I attach a picture. Have the i phone 7, down load picture from phone, little picture next to file, but when I hit download, Says fails to download files. Am I missing something? Des in Buffalo

You have to resize your pictures to a small file size before they can be loaded.

thanks for the share.. I'll dl it to my etrac

What you find or don't find is all about your disc pattern. If your pattern is open to gold you should find it, if your pattern is closed to gold your will go right on by. Please note not all gold comes in on the same square of the pattern, the size can make it come at in high or low.

Now you can close your pattern to a pull tab and if you swing over a gold ring that comes in at the same area as the pull tab your will not hear either one. I will also say there is large gold rings that will come in at the same level of a pull tab.

As I see it those other settings are pretty much personal preference.

Ron in WV

Acornhead,

As you suggested in your PM I would do reset of your detector just to make sure you got a good base to work from. Then I would manually load in the Andy S pattern, it is a good pattern and will find both gold and silver and should get rid of most of your iron problem.

I am posting a picture that Andy done in colors and it really enplanes where targets come in at on the disc pattern. Once you get things back to normal you use Andy's pattern and make a copy and make changes to the copy that work for you.

Ron in WV

Tony N,

I tried to locate my original computer disc that allows for discrimination patterns to be loaded on my eTrac. I had no luck. I am very interested in using the pattern from the YouTube video that helps find gold. Is there a way to attach a color discrimination pattern of the gold pattern? I have never used the Andy S. coin pattern, or this new gold pattern. I would like to try them both, but I will have to manually put them in the eTrac (not a problem, I just want to make sure I have the correct locations).

Thanks a bunch,
Silver Bullet

Here's a link to software called E-TRAC Manager so you can create patterns on your PC and download them to your E-TRAC...

http://malee.cz.etracman/

Thanks,

No kidding my dog trashed my disk.

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
Thanks,

Ron in WV

You feed him,house him,take him to the vet...and the ungrateful mongrel eats your Exchange disc?:lol: Son of a @)#($*!!

Thanks for the link. I put it on my Mac desktop. I have a laptop that I will put the pattern file and the exchange program. It appears I will be able to see the pattern from the screen shots. Thanks a bunch.

Silver Bullet

I put the jewelry pattern on my eTrac last night. Now I just have to get over this stubborn cold and I'll be good to go! I'm hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon for a bit. I'll report how it works in the next week or so.

Had to stay out of Thanksgiving festivities as I didn't want to spread my cold. Got out for a quick hunt today to see how the program worked. My first dig was a 1904 indian head penny at six inches. I found mostly clad after that coin. I was digging all signals, as there were far fewer targets with this pattern. I didn't find any gold. I did pull out about a half dozen pull tabs without the ring (just the flaps). They all seemed to come in at a 10 to 11 on the conductive side. Do others get some of the tabs too? I plan to use the pattern a few more times in the next week. Just thought I'd report.

Silver Bullet

WV62 said:
Thanks,

Ron in WV

That's quite a few mega bites to digest, Ron !!!

Gotta love your dog to bits....matt

p.s. I've got bags of old computer boards, I could send him, if he ever get really hungry.

Sounds like a Democrat....