Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac to Nox 800

Elmy I'm right there with you and I like my etrac as much as you do . For the past couple months I have been running TTF and that has opened up a new dimension/life that has been hiding in plain sight but is hard to get used to and once you kinda do the rewards are very satisfying.
I haven't been around a nox but I can see where it would have value on the weight issue and the waterproof feature is useless for me cause I'm not going in the water or stand in the rain to hunt so if minelab were to address shaft issues (so a customer wouldn't have to spend an extra 100 to150 ) and the flimsy cuff I would buy one just for my aging back.

I am in ohio...salt water doesn't bother me...my screen never fogs up...I don't detect in the rain...I dig most coins over 8 inches deep...should I get a nox ?
Sounds like joe black needs a nox ....I don't.
Etrac has proven to be a silver coin killer for sure...you are right. Nox is right at it’s heels in performance minus deep coin ID accuracy but, the high tone sound comes in with no mistake and easy to identify!.....Your right Elmo, sounds like Joe Black needs Equinox and that’s what I did for my situation!...I just got tired of carrying a Zenith TV with me that’s all..Etrac is still a good machine.

1hotwire...you got it...thanks.....If mkus sends the setup and I see for myself an equal to my etrac on coin Id with very deep coins...Then I will give it a very good report.
I have not seen any nox that can compare to my etrac....in my post of a fantastic weather day in this forum I got the items in the pic...the nox got clad only that day.
And yes , it could be the settings they used...I am open to less money for an equal or better detector...we shall wait and see.
TTF is very good...and should be used in an iron environment..I use it in field hunts quite often...thank you again for your response.

appreciate your response joe black...I don't mind carrying or pushing a heavy detector that gets me old coins almost every time out....I have swept a few light ones that never got the job done, just good for clad hunting..

Settings sent I see Floodplaindetector just got a nox and his finds are good! we'll see how he likes his new Nox im sure he will make some great finds!
Mark

appreciate your response joe black...I don't mind carrying or pushing a heavy detector that gets me old coins almost every time out....I have swept a few light ones that never got the job done, just good for clad hunting..
just put it this way , there is a reason many Minelab users have given up on their previous units & made the switch and it’s not just because of the weight!

ok...everybody praises this detector so I will check it out with the settings from the pm and see what it does next time out. Thanks to all who have commented on the nox.

I can't wait for the results and remember Elmy the nox isn't built like the etrac tank so watch out it doesn't fly apart in your hand. Lol

good luck I hit 3 silver dimes yesterday in a hammered park with mine
Mark

Mikus that Nox sure works good in the right hands! Good job!
Oh I know it does I can’t believe how well it works especially on deep coins like nickels I’ve dug them 12” +
It’s all I hunt with now sold my Deus ..

I got both. I think nox is better machine. But I love my etrac too much to let go, my biggest gripe on the nox is its super noisey compared to the etrac. Easier to predict whats under your coil with the etrac too. But the nox is getting stuff the etrac misses, and I don’t want to miss anything

I got both. I think nox is better machine. But I love my etrac too much to let go, my biggest gripe on the nox is its super noisey compared to the etrac. Easier to predict whats under your coil with the etrac too. But the nox is getting stuff the etrac misses, and I don’t want to miss anything
Both machines are great......I just like the Nox better. it’s so much easier to swing! The screen & larger #’s are way easier to see. Waterproof is how all machines IMO should be made for all around protection anyways...I love being wireless too with no cord in the way. I feel more comfortable and free! Best part is it performs good. I think Minelab should have made better shaft system though!

Both machines are great......I just like the Nox better. it’s so much easier to swing! The screen & larger #’s are way easier to see. Waterproof is how all machines IMO should be made for all around protection anyways...I love being wireless too with no cord in the way. I feel more comfortable and free! Best part is it performs good. I think Minelab should have made better shaft system though!
I built my own carbon shaft tubing was$24.00 on fleabay super easy

I used my E-Trac non-stop for over 7 years - well over a thousand hunts and countless great finds.
But the weight started to make an old shoulder injury flare up every time I used it.
Tried using a sling for one season - what a hassle !

Keep in mind that there are a lot of older people in this hobby and weight can be a big issue.
Several years ago (before the NOX came out) I read that the Deus was out selling the heavier Minelab machines in Europe by a ratio of 15 to 1.
I've never used a NOX but it seems there are a lot of very happy user's worldwide that are very happy they bought one !

Good Hunting !