Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac weight

mrcolin2u

I'm used to using a lightweight tesoro and my Excalibur is usually in the water. Does anyone find the Etrac heavy to use or is it balanced enough not to notice ??
thanks
Colin

The E-trac is NOT balanced well. Some have no problem, but most have trouble. I couldn't hunt more than a couple hours without a harness on it.

Agree with Jason, I have been using an 8x6 coil which feels much lighter than the stock 11" coil.

Is definitely heavy compared to any Tesoro. And no it's not really well balanced either.
But it is one really great machine that will find the goods.

It's an heavy/unbalanced ole turd---but---OH MY can it find the silver!!!-----I love the thing dearly (just wish it at least had better balance).

The e-series are not the most perfectly ergonomic things made,but as Del said...you'll find a way to cope if it's all that's in your budget and you want to find silver on a regular basis. Even though I use the CTX most of the time,my Explorer2 will find it also,just not QUITE as easily. But ALOT more easily than anything else I've used...
Using the actual STRAP that goes through the cuff helps enormously,because now the entire arm can help support it.
IF you get one,and you are diligent about learning it,after you see what it can do you'll find a way to lug it around.:)

sd51 said:
Agree with Jason, I have been using an 8x6 coil which feels much lighter than the stock 11" coil.
I also use the 8x6 coil makes it easier to swing.

It is heavy my tennis elbow acts up when I swing mine get a RNB battery that will drop some weight.

Swinging the E-Trac weight wise would be about the same as swinging two or maybe two and a half of those Tesoro's at the same time.

Mark

I have a sling that I use on my other detectors. Once I got the E-trac it didn't take long for me to see the sling needed help. I added a second bungee for the E-trac and that seemed get things under control for me.

But I am 69 years old.

Ron in WV

The weight is my only complaint also,I usually sell it after awhile,then miss it and get another.The Etrac is that good in my opinion. You can either have a light weight machine and mediocre performance and target ID ,,or put up with a little weight and have great performance and great ID..