Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac weight!

sasquache

First of all im no weakling i just work hard and have been doing it for a long time lol and my body is saying take it easy so i have decided to keep my Etrac and just find a way to make it work the issue is i have arthritis and its getting worse and being born a righty my right shoulder has been taking the blunt of the action from detecting so im thinking of getting a harness to support the weight or a less heavy detector 🤔 any suggestions

Never owned an etrac, however i swap hands when detecting for long periods. Ive held one for a few minutes, did not like the balance of it, however i believe its a good unit

When your shoulder hurts from swinging for a long time, it can be from two things.
1st bad adjustment of the bar
2nd we shrug our shoulders without realizing it
At least that's what happens to me.

First of all im no weakling i just work hard and have been doing it for a long time lol and my body is saying take it easy so i have decided to keep my Etrac and just find a way to make it work the issue is i have arthritis and its getting worse and being born a righty my right shoulder has been taking the blunt of the action from detecting so im thinking of getting a harness to support the weight or a less heavy detector 🤔 any suggestions
I'm there with you brother. Last year I went under went out patient surgery to repair a torn rotator cup in my left shoulder and a ripped left bicep. Take care of your shoulder, try a harness and see how that works. I hope you never have to have this surgery. While you are made to be better in the end, it is a long time coming. It took me nearly a full year to completely recover. I had no idea that recovery would take so long and I'm an impatient soul.

I'm there with you brother. Last year I went under went out patient surgery to repair a torn rotator cup in my left shoulder and a ripped left bicep. Take care of your shoulder, try a harness and see how that works. I hope you never have to have this surgery. While you are made to be better in the end, it is a long time coming. It took me nearly a full year to completely recover. I had no idea that recovery would take so long and I'm an impatient soul.
Oh my my friend hope all.is good now I'm looking and anticipate the the new nokta makro multi will be my savings grace!

I’ve been out for more than 3-4 hrs and had to switch sides. I swing a Fisher but for me its when my right hand hand fingers start going to sleep its time to quit…….. I’m afraid if I put a harness on I’d start trying to push the detector around with my stomach just to stay out longer! 😂

Oh my my friend hope all.is good now I'm looking and anticipate the the new nokta makro multi will be my savings grace!
Thanks, Sasquache. I'm much better now. The length of recovery time just blindsided me. I have had two total hip replacements in the past and both surgeries I was fully recovered and back at work and on the truck in 3 months almost to the day. I thought that there would be no way that this surgery would take longer to recover from than the hip surgery. I was wrong. I hope the new Nokta Makro multi will be a good fit for you. Keep us posted.

Thanks, Sasquache. I'm much better now. The length of recovery time just blindsided me. I have had two total hip replacements in the past and both surgeries I was fully recovered and back at work and on the truck in 3 months almost to the day. I thought that there would be no way that this surgery would take longer to recover from than the hip surgery. I was wrong. I hope the new Nokta Makro multi will be a good fit for you. Keep us posted.
Great to hear of your surgery success!

Thanks Earthly Potluck. I am much better now. I just hope I never have to have another, nor do I wish anyone to have this . My recovery was probably a little longer because I had a ripped bicep at the same time. The Dr.'s didn't know about my bicep until she was performing the surgery. I had pain radiating down my left arm before the surgery, but I thought it was coming from my shoulder.

Thanks Earthly Potluck. I am much better now. I just hope I never have to have another, nor do I wish anyone to have this . My recovery was probably a little longer because I had a ripped bicep at the same time. The Dr.'s didn't know about my bicep until she was performing the surgery. I had pain radiating down my left arm before the surgery, but I thought it was coming from my shoulder.
Glad to hear you have recovered from the ripped bicep too. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thats great news glad things are good I'm not sold on the Nokta/Makro unit yet but we will see i would have too sell the etrac first to help fund the purchase but im excited to see the new unit revealing should be cool to finally learn its name lol take care my friend.

Thats great news glad things are good I'm not sold on the Nokta/Makro unit yet but we will see i would have too sell the etrac first to help fund the purchase but im excited to see the new unit revealing should be cool to finally learn its name lol take care my friend.
You do the same sir. Always good to hear from you my friend, and Best of luck to you on your decision on your next detector. I hate to hear you have to sell your Etrac, but I totally understand. You will have no trouble selling it, as it is a great detector. Take care and be safe.

Great machine for deep silver coins for sure. I got rid of mine primarily because of tendinitis in the elbow. I’m sure glad Minelab came out with the Nox. I can hunt longer than before now….My Nox is more suitable for my type of hunting anyways. 2nd reason is I had my screen get fogged over internally. I think it was from the humidity during a night hunt at the beach. Thank God it recovered. I sold it shortly after that incident.

If I begin to feel any discomfort I reach down and make the shaft shorter or longer. If going uphill I always shorten, downhill I lengthen it. I’m always adjusting it though so to stay as comfortable as possible. I have much lighter detectors that absolutely kill me. I think it’s the ergonomics and that’s why I love being able to quickly adjust the length of the shaft. Hope it helps!

Yes to the harness route. But don't buy a $30. For etrac and ctx you should go with Minelab's Pro - swing 45. It is the best. Transfers the weight from the shoulder to the lower back. The bungie cord system that hooks (not snaps) to your detector is so good. One hand to hook, unhook or adjust height of detector above the ground.

I had very sharp arthritis pain in both my shoulders. Then I bought moringa powder and a capsule making contraption. I've been taking 4 capsules a day for, oh, I guess over a year. Now my shoulders are absolutely, 100% pain free. Aside from highly recommending that, I used a "Swingy Thingy" harness when I hunted with my E-trac. I must say it's been ten years since my last hunt with that heavy beast. But I loved it. The harness definitely helped, but I hated wearing it. Didn't have arthritis then though. Hopefully Minelab gets gets with the program and comes out with a lightweight improvement on the E-trac and/or CTX 3030. It's time. Good Luck