Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fall field hunting has started

Mark in S.E. IA

Sunday night I got permission to MD a farm field that use to have a 1 room schoolhouse in it. I got started on it Monday morning and I wasn't out there 10 min's before a guys drives up to me in the field and ask me if I had permission to be there. I told him that I did and he told me that he just called
Ruth an asked her if she gave anybody permission to be out there and she said NO. I told the guy that I talked to Chuck " which is Ruth's husband" sunday night and he gave me permission to MD the field. Then the guy gets all nice and says he's sorry an off he goes. I'm sure glad that I remembered
the land owners name because I'm not very good at remembering names.

Ok, back to the field hunt. The first coin I found was a nice 1920 SLQ and then it was a good hour later before I found the 1898 Barber dime. the rest of the time I was there I was doing a lot of swinging in between the other coins I found which was a 1907, 1879 IH and 3 wheat's, all in the teens.
That big thing in the picture, I think it's a Pendulum from a Grandfather clock.
I'm happy with my first field hunt for the fall season.

Really awesome finds Mark! It has been a while since I had found an SLQ and that one looks nice with the readable date. The Barber looks to be in great shape too. I definitely can relate to your story as I am terrible with names as well. I try and make it a point to write the owner's name down as soon as I can get to a piece of paper for just those type of occasions.

Great finds. Look forward to seeing what you find next. HH

Well done Mark!

Great finds

Phillip_in_NM said:
Love the SLQ! Only found one in twenty years!

Thanks for the pictures!

I have only found one and it was so worn, it was hard to tell what it was.

Cool finds Mark! Your nabbing a few SLQs this year. I bet your glad now you made the Etrac switch.
I will have to try and get out somewhere this weekend.
Dave

Dave, me and the Etrac have been clicking this summer and I'm pretty happy I got it.

So far this summer I have found 3 SLQ's.

floodplaindetector said:
Cool finds Mark! Your nabbing a few SLQs this year. I bet your glad now you made the Etrac switch.
I will have to try and get out somewhere this weekend.
Dave

Fantastic !

Looks like you're off to a great start in those fields! Very nice finds!