Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ferrous - Coin Target Separation

Digger

Constitutional Patriot
Staff member
As mentioned in my Success Story on Minelab's website, http://www.minelab.com/usa/consumer/success-stories/ctx-3030-scores-the-trifecta and described in the recent TTblog post and video by Phil Beck, http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/ctx-3030-discrimination-advantages you have a brief introduction to how I was able to "detect the coin under the box, under the nail", that I described in a recent post to the "Identifying multiple targets simultaneously" string. HH Randy

[attachment 232893 TargetSeparationFerrousCoin.JPG]

Do you still use fast and deep as you would with an explorer or etrac?

Yes, that functionality is included in the CTX 3030. HH Randy

[attachment 232895 TargetSeparationFerrousCoin.JPG]

Audio Variability is not a function on the CTX 3030. Honestly, with the "see through" ability of this detector, I don't think you'll miss it. JMHO HH Randy

Can these filters be used together?
Could you in your opinion describe the situation in which the each of the filters could/should be used.

Thank you!,was just wondering becuse I didn't see it that setting listed,I'm pretty anxious to try the new target separation settings and trace functions, as soon as I get it I'm heading to a spot that has a few hundred e trac hours on the area and will see what these new settings and machine can do as I'm sure there is many more coins that are in there all cosy with the chunks of iron,not to mention some iron infested private property that was 2 tone ferrous only due to almost a constant null,I can't wait to try her out!!

Same here with going back over a few sites. See if I can pick a couple more reale out of that yard :)

I'm not sure what you are referring to as "filters". If you are referring to Target Separation, the choices are Low Trash, High Trash, Ferrous-Coin or Ground-Coin. Only one of these can be implemented at a time.

The Low Trash setting provides very stable Target ID

One more question If you don't mind sir ,does the unit have noise cancel and ground balance settings??,and if so why would you not ground balance? Is it a case of the ground balance OFF maintaining essentially a higher setting for stability and total ground rejection? And ground balance ON it is set to the actual mineralization levels? and if so is it constantly tracking the levels when on?

So with these new features for use in mineralized ground, as well as the GB function, does this mean we can now measure the ground mineralization so as to best set up the machine?

Thx,
Albert

There is an Automatic Noise Cancel feature, as well as the ability to adjust it manually. While adjusting it manually, you can monitor the audio to help you chose the best channel.
When Ground Balance is OFF, the CTX 3030 continually compensates for the earth's mineralization, similar to previous FBS technology.
When Ground Balance is activated or turned ON, it is an Automatic GB that requires a procedure of "bobbing" the coil, similar to other detectors you may have used previously. HH Randy

Digger said:
There is an Automatic Noise Cancel feature, as well as the ability to adjust it manually. While adjusting it manually, you can monitor the audio to help you chose the best channel.
When Ground Balance is OFF, the CTX 3030 continually compensates for the earth's mineralization, similar to previous FBS technology.
When Ground Balance is activated or turned ON, it is an Automatic GB that requires a procedure of "bobbing" the coil, similar to other detectors you may have used previously. HH Randy

Thanks Digger.
But I don't understand something. How can we adjust the settings relating to the ground mineralization if we don't know how much mineralization is in our ground? The CTX gives us no information on our ground (though it adjusts for it)?
It would be nice to say, "Ground reading above 70GB and/or above 3% mineralized and you should turn this feature on." See what I mean?

Albert

ps - Minelab - Can you put some GB and mineralization readings in the first software update? :thumbup:

Does this baby have a true all metal mode, like the gold machines?

I don't believe I said you could adjust the settings relating to the ground mineralization. What I said was, when Ground Balance is activated or turned ON, it is an Automatic GB that requires a procedure of "bobbing" the coil, similar to other detectors you may have used previously. HH Randy

Digger, apologize for the confusion. Correct, you didn't say anything, I was talking about from Minelab where they describe the settings in the "CTX 3030 Discrimination Advantages" article, as follows:

[size=medium]Ferrous-Coin Separation allows you to isolate coin-like targets from ferrous trash in lightly mineralised ground. This is an advanced setting that is capable of identifying a coin underneath a nail. It is an exciting development in identifying targets. Have a look and see how it goes in your area.

Ground-Coin Separation will allow you to clean up your target IDs if you are operating in highly mineralised grounds with light levels of ferrous trash. Together with explicitly Ground Balancing your detector in these environments you will know what you are digging with more precision than ever.
I want to write more in-depth articles in the future as well as talk about heaps of other new features that including Tone ID Profiles, target cursors, the User button etc.[/size]

So, what I am saying is, if we can't measure our ground conditions (GB and ground mineralization) then how do we know what setting we should use?

Thanks,
Albert

Digger said:

If I understand correctly with Ground Balance Off then the CTX will automatically balance similar to the E-Trac?

When Ground Balance On it allows us to "manually" Ground Balance by using the Bobbing Method?

This seems similar to the X-Terra 705 where you can "manually" Ground Balance by doing the Bob or use it in Tracking which automatically does a Ground Balance as you detect.

Do I have this correct? If not please tell me where I am not understanding. Thanks!

Yes. Your statements are correct. HH Randy

i have a spot i would like to test this machine on, so toss one over i will know in 1/2 hr if its any good and i want one all the reading is great but 1/2 hr in my hands and i would know to buy or not to buy.