Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Field of dreams

Larry (IL)

I had a few days off from work and the weather was a welcomed break from the daily sauna we were having for the past month, so Nancy and I took off camping. We found a beautiful place along a river and called it home for a few days. When I was scouting for a place to spend a few hours hunting, I came across a High School baseball diamond that has just been scraped clean of the grass for reseeding. With permission in hand to hunt before school starts next week, I didn't waste any time getting my share of the goodies. With three or four inches of the grass gone, the pull tabs, pop tops and most of the trash went with it as well............ smooth sailing ahead. I ended up with 14 Wheats from 1917 to 59 and five silvers and over $8 in clad from that field. Another spot I hunted yielded another six wheats, a 1960 dog tag and a Saint Christopher pin.

[attachment 207111 ball.jpg][attachment 207112 ball1.jpg][attachment 207113 ball2.jpg][attachment 207114 ball3.jpg][attachment 207115 ball4.jpg]

You did good at the ball field. Looks like you guys found a nice shady spot to camp. I'll bet it was nice to get away for a few days.

An update on the token above the silver. It is from Sterling Ice and Produce Co., Tampico IL, 1914.

LandOLincoln said:
That ball field looks great but that camping spot and river look even better!

I'm ready to go back there. It was beautiful and so relaxing too. HH, Nancy

Very nice finds there Larry!
Nice photo's and a great time!

LabradorBob

Thanks for joining us Harold, I was temped to get the Cibola out at this spot and even had my hand on it but the 10X12 SEF is what was really needed to cover all of that ground in the limited time I had to hunt it.