Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally got to hunt the water, one complaint...

spdnj

I finally got to hunt in the water with the ctx. nothing great was found just some junk jewelry so I won't bother you with a video. The machine ran super solid at 25 manual. I usually hunt with an excal. Pinpointing with the machine in chest deep water was awesome. You center the coil with the pinpointer, place the tip of your foot at the back of the coil, place the scoop right there and dig. You will be right on the target. Must easier than the wiggle technique I use with the excal. It was pretty wild hunting with a screen in the water, it was actually nice to be able to see the targets on the screen below the water. I went about chest deep.
My only complaint with the machine.... I am not used to digging targets at a foot plus in chest deep water. Hunting in the water is more work than hunting land to begin with but this took it to a new level. At one point I was going to lower my sensitivity so I could not hear them but I could not bring myself to do it. I could have been running at 30 with no stability issues but I chose not to for the first hunt.
More to come

n/t

Thanks for the report. I have not been able to get mine in the water yet but I hope to get it out there very soon. i am glad to hear that the machine runs stable in water. Were you hunting in salt or fresh water? Sounds like a winner for the water as well, which is of course great news. Keep us posted and thanks again for the report. HH -Marc

Thanks for the report Sammy, I'm chompn' at the bit to get out and do some shallow water hunting.

I was in a fresh water lake. I have done some beach hunting up to knee deep with no issuea, I may be a wimp but the ocean is still too freakin cold here in NJ
LOL

I was just up in Rhode Island 2 weeks ago....knee deep also and it was pretty cold!! It does seem to warm up on your skin after a bit but still I'm not that much of a diehard. I had alot of trouble detecting though with the Etrac not being water proof I had to be real careful. I also brought my At pro but that was very unstable. So I laid down on the beach with the wife and caught a sunburn LOL.

spdnj said:
I finally got to hunt in the water with the ctx. nothing great was found just some junk jewelry so I won't bother you with a video. The machine ran super solid at 25 manual. I usually hunt with an excal. Pinpointing with the machine in chest deep water was awesome. You center the coil with the pinpointer, place the tip of your foot at the back of the coil, place the scoop right there and dig. You will be right on the target. Must easier than the wiggle technique I use with the excal. It was pretty wild hunting with a screen in the water, it was actually nice to be able to see the targets on the screen below the water. I went about chest deep.
My only complaint with the machine.... I am not used to digging targets at a foot plus in chest deep water. Hunting in the water is more work than hunting land to begin with but this took it to a new level. At one point I was going to lower my sensitivity so I could not hear them but I could not bring myself to do it. I could have been running at 30 with no stability issues but I chose not to for the first hunt.
More to come

LOL at the bolded. Know your priorities! eheehh

Thanks for the tip regarding digging in water. It will be my first time whenever I decide to go so will remember that.

Albert

spdnj said:
I am using the waterproof GG, I am testing them for Demarco Detectors.
I thought that might be what you were using. I just thought you might have also found another solution. It looks like Demarco has gotten the jump on everybody in the waterproof headphone market.

I could have just thrown these out on the market....without proper testing, feedback, and quality check.

But I am a detectorist. I want quality products and choice's for detectorist. I don't mind paying if it is quality....

Glad to hear you had the CTX in the water. Did the coil show any tendency to rise or did it stay down with no effort? Was the target sound good enough to ID when you couldn't see the screen?
I hunt salt water beaches and some fresh water lakes with an Excalibur and love it.
I would like to move up to the CTX if its as good in the surf as the Excalibur.

Thanks for your info, Johnnymac

It's not intended for diving as it only has a 10 foot rating . . . . .