Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finding leftovers with Gary's Sifter program

After reading all your posts - I ran Gary's "Sifter Program" for the first time last weekend - pulled several new finds out of a smaller area that I've already hunted many times.
This program really makes the good targets stand out !
Thanks Gary ! :detecting:

Your welcome and thanks for the feedback

I have to say I programmed this in last week and love it, well done Gary

I have to say this program has gotten me quite excited after reading all these posts. I know of several old sites that have been hunted out and are full of iron. Can't wait go get back over there and find all the cool stuff that was left behind. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until Spring, as winter has finally arrived in New England. Thanks Gary for this program as well as the excellent instructional videos.

I sometimes bump my reactivity to 4 on the real thick iron but ive killed it with 3 too.

calabash digger said:
I sometimes bump my reactivity to 4 on the real thick iron but ive killed it with 3 too.

If this program works as well as everyone says it does, I'm in for an excellent detecting season next year.

it does but what really interest me is a 2.5 reactivity is coming on the update and that will be a very interesting setting.

Went to a city park beach that I have hunted many times and many many other people hunt all the time too. Used Gary's "Sifter" program and found all of these targets in the mix of nails, bolts, etc! The ring in pic2 is gold :) and was made by a company that was in business from 1910 to 1930. Most definitely have to say THANK YOU GARY!!!!!!!

I wish all those who say the deus isnt a good coin machine could see those pics! nice

Mike-56 said:
Went to a city park beach that I have hunted many times and many many other people hunt all the time too. Used Gary's "Sifter" program and found all of these targets in the mix of nails, bolts, etc! The ring in pic2 is gold :) and was made by a company that was in business from 1910 to 1930. Most definitely have to say THANK YOU GARY!!!!!!!

That is awesome! Can't wait to try this sifter program!

YES

The majority of the finds shown on my post were found using the 11" coil. I have been using the 9" lately and doing well also.

I just got the 9" coil and put it in the Deus, Now I am going to load the Sifter program and see if I can do some spring cleaning.

You have to understand how the program works and sounds to really help you. With 0 disc you hearing everything and if your ear is not trained you will go crazy. Full tones and 0 disc takes a bit of getting use to...

Start with the setting at 1 and when you get your confidence go to 0.

Its a great programme and misses very little,many of us now use it in the UK.Jerry. :thumbup: