Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Gold with my E-Trac in 4.5 years of hunting

Tenspeed

My gold drought is finally over!!! The last gold I found was a wedding band 5 years ago.

A hunting buddy (Mangum on Treasurenet) asked me to hunt a yard with him today since we were going to be in Charlotte anyway buying silver for our upcoming club hunt. This was a recently foreclosed home that a friend of his bought and has been refurbishing.

Well...I got out of the car,balanced my machine, made one swing and got a clean 12-17 (pull tab) at 3". I called him over and he checked it with his MXT Pro and said "It might be a nickel." Well I swung again and got a repeatable 12-20. I thought it was going to be junk, but decided to dig it anyway and boy am I glad I did. When I flipped the plug over there was a gold signet ring staring up at me. I shouted "I got a gold signet ring." He didn't believe me and I had to repeat it again to get him to come over. MY FIRST GOLD with my E-Trac. All I have been finding when I look for gold is pulltabs and junk aluminum!!

The ring has a Triangle and Star under the signet and no other marks. Any suggestions as to maker? I will have to test it for karats.

The yard was nice to me again a few minutes later when I pulled a 1951D Roosevelt dime about 20 feet away from where I found the ring.

We went to the local coin shop and bought some really nice coins for our upcoming hunt and then went to lunch.

After lunch we went back to an old homeplace that is being cleared where he found the Civil War NC sunburst button last weekend and hunted around where they are logging. In one of the skidder tracks I was able to pull a 1923 Mercury dime.

I also found a couple of Wheaties and unfortunately for Josh all he got was a couple of Wheaties (he already has four gold rings this month with gold and silver rings yesterday though).

One nice looking ring!!!!! Most people would have passed it up as a tab but you didn't! Great job!!

Congratulations on your gold! Thanks for the pictures and the story!

NebTrac

Beautiful ! :clapping:

Beautiful gold, congrats. In old yards I dig everything close to the nickel area. I have found 3 gold rings with the etrac, the first one was a solid 14-17
The second one was a large 10k mans ring it came in at 12-24
And the third one was a mans 10k about 10 grams the band was broke causing a jumpy signal but it was like 12-17 bouncing to 12-25 area

That is a Beautiful Old Ring! You did good going for gold and getting through all the pull tabs made it worth it! Nice silver too, I love the pics of them stuck in the plug :thumbup:

Great find Hardy. Who says the ET isn't a great gold machine. Very rare we dig that type of signal in the yards we hunt so that makes this one even sweeter. By the way Josh just caught up with me with the first gold he has found in almost 3 months. That would be 6 for Josh and myself and 7 for JimD.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I hope it isn't five more years for my next gold!

Clad2Hunt said:
Great find Hardy. Who says the ET isn't a great gold machine. Very rare we dig that type of signal in the yards we hunt so that makes this one even sweeter. By the way Josh just caught up with me with the first gold he has found in almost 3 months. That would be 6 for Josh and myself and 7 for JimD.

John, You, Josh and Jim are always finding the gold and usually I am digging the pull tabs with you guys.

I hope you are getting used to your new ETrac and we can hunt soon. If it isn't too hot, maybe we can get out this weekend.

Tenspeed and Magnum- Keep up the Great Results. Will miss the meeting coming up. Have to be out of town. goldnugget. I took the E-trac out again, still learning, but no results. I was searching a few curbs. Looking for a Button thats on my Wish List for 30 years.

Richard, Sorry you will be out of town for the meeting, but the way you have been cleaning up on the board the past couple of months will give us a chance. Have fun with your ETrac!

goldnugget said:
Tenspeed and Magnum- Keep up the Great Results. Will miss the meeting coming up. Have to be out of town. goldnugget. I took the E-trac out again, still learning, but no results. I was searching a few curbs. Looking for a Button thats on my Wish List for 30 years.