Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First good silver E-Trac target. Oldest coin

DigginDoc

Haven't posted anything for a bit.
Headed out this morning on Canada Day determined to learn this beast. Been neglecting the E-Trac a little due to the learning curve. The symphony has been killing me. Have to figure out how this bad boy works. Met my bud at an old park near here. He has the Explorer and a lot of history on Minelab. I was getting tired of pennies :sleepy:by the time I got what I felt was a good signal 9/13F to 38 C. Dug the plug and low and behold a 1910 Fishy nickel swims outta the dirt. :surprised:Second one this year and the oldest coin I have found. If you don't know them, they are smaller and thinner than a Canadian dime
Maybe I'm getting the hang of this thing. Happy as a clam (if they really are happy):detecting: Need a lot more work.
Adding a couple of photos of last weeks nitro moments when I thought I scored big on the jewelry but nottttttt!
Thanks for looking and Happy Canada Day/Hunting to all
Stay safe
Doc
[attachment 203114 IMG_4834resized.jpg][attachment 203115 IMG_4835resized.jpg]
[attachment 203116 IMG_5216.JPG][attachment 203117 IMG_5217.JPG]

Nice finds! I bet when you pulled those rings out of the ground, your heart skipped a beat or two. Always fun to pull something unexpected from old mother earth. Thanks for sharing the photos and story.

Very nice! Thanks for the pictures and the story! Congratulations on the finds.

NebTrac

Excellent,Congrats on the finds,and hang in there,you will come to love the e trac.

LabradorBob

Nice finds Doc ! :clapping:

You have to just bite the bullet and only swing the E-Trac. Once you get use to all those tones and learn the e-trac language you will be off and running. Nice finds! :thumbup:

I had a lot of trouble with the overwhelming amount of sounds at first. I moved to some cleaner areas to learn and had to slow down a lot to figure out what it was telling me. The beach is a great place to learn the machine because it gets hit hard often and the digging is easy.

Hey ...congratulations on your oldest ...nice coin :clapping:
101 yrs old is good
the ET's learning curve is well worth it , I felt the same as you did a few months ago and was still using my Xterra70 a lot ( I still do for shallow modern coin hunts)
But I met up with a friend Mark and he has helped me a lot on the old deep coins and now the Etrac is THE bee's knees to me ;)
that find will give you the confidence in your ET to go and find lots more oldies :thumbup:

T59