Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First half dollar

After work today, I got permission to hunt an older house in town, I started about 3:00 and hunted until 7:30 this evening. In that amount of time, I found a 1928 mercury, 4 rosies, 1943 war nickel, 1923 buffalo, 2 indians, and 5 wheaties. I also found a watch, and few other things, finding all of that was awesome, but nothing like the feeling of pulling your first silver half dollar out of the ground. It's a nice 1953 Franklin half, it had a nice strong 12-47 signal with that sweet sound, what a day! That's 54 silver for the year.

Mike

WOOOHOOO Awesome finds man... boy, that private property spoils ya pretty fast doesn't it??/ Congrats on some killer finds buddy!!!

Wow! Great finds. Ironic in that I've never found a half-dollar coin but I have found many one
dollar coins as I did yesterday. Congratulations.

Finding those silver halves can be quite a RUSH.........nice totals on the silver and that was a great yard!!! WTG.......Hawkeye Jim.

Those are great finds! Thanks for the pictures and the story! Congratulations on your first half.

NebTrac

Great bunch of finds. A bit of everything...that will keep you motivated while hunting. :thumbup:
Still looking for my first Ben!
Look forward to more from that yard.
Bunker

congratulations
that is a great hunt :please:

Great hunt and comgrats on your first Half Mike !
I'd try to hunt there again if you can - go slow and come in from different angles - if you did that well the first time - odds are - there's more good stuff to be found !

Good Luck ! --- Mark

nice... I've never found a Franklin Half.... I've found Barber, Walking Liberty and Kennedy Halves.. ... still waiting on my !st Franklin.. Congrats.... nice group of finds....